Car cabin pre-heat

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Monman

Post by Monman »

HI
I Have on order a Enyak 80x sportline.
This will be my first EV.To be honest I have always ran HI performance cars over the years usually with pretty poor fuel milage. Which until now has been a secondary consideration.
Well I am now at a age where performance is secondary to comfort and cutting down on co2 emmisions is a Plus.
My question is can the cabin of the enyak be preheated whilst plugged to my home charger thus saving on battery range.
IF so is this via a App that can be programmed to activate this function.
I Ordered the car early Nov and at this stage do not have any idea when it will be delivered.
Saying that the dealer has locked in the Px and given what i consider to be a good deal as they have also discounted the Enyak.
So I am not too worried as to when it finally arrives.
Thanks in advance for any answers to my question above.

tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Monman wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:16 pm HI

My question is can the cabin of the enyak be preheated whilst plugged to my home charger thus saving on battery range.
IF so is this via a App that can be programmed to activate this function.

Hi and welcome,

That's a yes to both questions.
Its the MySkoda iV App https://www.skoda-auto.com/connectivity/myskoda-iv-app
But it has its limitations as you can probably see from the amount of posts in this forum !
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
RichR

Post by RichR »

You can use the app, or you can unlock the car, press ‘heat now’ and then lock it again. Both will run the climate control for 30 minutes to get the cabin to the temperature you’ve set. That can be cool as well as heat btw. Also you can set schedules to do this automatically.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Monman

Post by Monman »

HI
Thanks for the heads up ref pre heat of cabin.
Its great to have a forum like this where New EV owners can access a wealth of Enyak EV knowledge.
I believe Skoda have a EV charge card so this is next to look into
Thanks again for your help
marccdavison

Post by marccdavison »

Depending on how your are scheduling your charging in order for the preheat to make use of the cars connection to the charger you may need to set your chargers schedule out to cover the time you want the pre heat set for otherwise if the charger is disabled at that time it will just preheat from the battery.

ie I control my charging via my Pod Points schedule so all I do it set that schedule for 02:00 until 07:45 and then on the My Skoda App I set a scheduled departure of 07:45 and the car will start heating prior to that whilst the pod point is still enabled. Outside the Pod Point's schedule the charger is essentially off.
RichR

Post by RichR »

The card you're referring to is called PowerPass - download the app to your phone, register your car's VIN, choose 'Charge DC Faster' plan, then they'll send you a card in the post. Register the car with the app. Now you get 29p per kWh at Ionity (and other places such as Osprey) for a year. After that year you can either pay the subscription or cancel it.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Bassoonbridge

Post by Bassoonbridge »

RichR wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 pm You can use the app, or you can unlock the car, press ‘heat now’ and then lock it again. Both will run the climate control for 30 minutes to get the cabin to the temperature you’ve set. That can be cool as well as heat btw. Also you can set schedules to do this automatically.
'heat now' button? Where is that?
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Click on 'Climate Control' then 'Start Air Conditioning'. I find that 5 mins is sufficient unless well iced up.
Note that if car is in deep sleep - app takes about 75-90 seconds before the car confirms to Skoda servers that command is accepted and app screen updates.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

It’s also one of the icons you can pin to the favourites but at the bottom of the screen. I’ve got Heat Now, Auto Hold and Navigate Home pinned there.
Bassoonbridge

Post by Bassoonbridge »

Thanks RichR

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post