Charge issues

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
anglosaxon

Post by anglosaxon »

Evening all.

2nd with my Loft 60 and charging woes....

Last night:

Have set 'home' location in the car and set a repeat departure schedule for 06.45 all week. Also have the 'ev-energy' app as that supports the Rolec wall charger I have.

They were both 'on' last night (noob start !!) and, having 'spoken' with ev-energy today, may have had a conflict. Plugged in for 14 hours, starting at 60% and only at 97% by 06.45 this morning. Have 'disabled' departure time (but not deleted 'home' location in the car) and will see if the app does the business tonight.

Thus far this evening....

Had 'ev-energy' app set on smart charging when plugged in around 18.00. 20.30 and no charging started. Turned off 'smart' charge and app stated car should start charge as soon as plugged in but didn't !!

Tried unplug/re-plug with no joy. Turned 'smart' back on and hit the 'boost' button. Wall charger and car light turned green for charge for approx 3 seconds then stopped. Repeated and this time has stayed charging via 'boost' but at 2.5 - 3 Kw/h only.

Any ideas/suggestions please ?? (Did read something about removing 'home' location in 'infotainment' ??)

Stripy

Post by Stripy »

Delete all, and start all over.
Add then only one thing at the time - don’t make 10 changes, then try.

Two intelligent apps and devices trying to make everything smart, throws out all logic if not used carefully.

Best of luck, you will get there!
anglosaxon

Post by anglosaxon »

Stripy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:10 pm Delete all, and start all over.

Two intelligent apps and devices trying to make everything smart, throws out all logic if not used carefully.

Thanks for your reply. Would you recommend deleting the 'home' location ??
KrisN

Post by KrisN »

Agreed.

I have this app and charger.

What I would do is to Unplug, lock and unlock the car, so you are back to square one (there may be another way, but this works for me)

No charging settings at all in the car to confuse things

Smart charging on your app

Plug back in making sure both ends of the cable are secure if your Rolec is not tethered.

Hit the boost button on your app and walk away. Give it 30 minutes and have a look on myskoda app to see how much your charge %has gone up by

Hopefully this works for you. Then you can think about setting up the clever overnight stuff. I use this every night on my economy 7 tariff, works great. Two of my neighbours have the same charging setup (1 enyaq, 1 mustang) and are also very pleased with it.

And you get the added (and unexpected) bonus of smart charge points which you can convert to amazon vouchers 🙂
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

anglosaxon wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:50 pm

Thanks for your reply. Would you recommend deleting the 'home' location ??
Try it. Wurst case scenario, you’ve lost 73 seconds you won’t get back. You can’t break anything by doing it - on the other hand, if that’s the only thing you don’t remove, well, it’s still a starting point
anglosaxon

Post by anglosaxon »

Will have to have another try tonight.

Last night it went from 57% to 82% on smart charging plugged in for 12 hours.

Recommend deleting 'home' location ??
KrisN

Post by KrisN »

Yes, delete home.

The charger software does not need any help (interference) from the car for smart charging
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Actually I would keep home but make sure no options ticked. The logic for this is as followings:
You have one set of global options for undefined charging locations - Public charges where you may want to set accordingly.
Keeping your home location lets you select different options (Like none) for your charger.

The car settings for max charge always operate.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
marccdavison

Post by marccdavison »

Perchede wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:24 am Actually I would keep home but make sure no options ticked. The logic for this is as followings:
You have one set of global options for undefined charging locations - Public charges where you may want to set accordingly.
Keeping your home location lets you select different options (Like none) for your charger.

The car settings for max charge always operate.
I've been having an issue with Scheduled charging via my pood point where if I charge via a Schedule it only charges at 3.5kw rather than 7kw (removing the schedule always results in 6.5-7kw) one of the recommendations someone gave me (which didnt work in this instance) was to remove the Home Location in the car as that can apparently cause issues.

For my issue, all schedules have been set via Pod Point and the charging starts fine, it's just at a reduced rate so I've ended up finding I didnt have the expected amount of charge by the end of the chargin window.

Marc
orrery

Post by orrery »

I schedule the charge from the charger and haven't tried to use the setting on the car. However ...

The cable never locks in. On the Leaf, the connector locked as soon as it was pushed in - in all circumstances. Anyone know the logic about locking?

Also, I've noticed a setting on the car "always unlock" which I assume means at the end of charge.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post