Extra electronic devices

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
anglosaxon

Post by anglosaxon »

Evening all once again and apologies for bombarding you with questions....

I am a taxi driver. In my Superb, that went on Saturday, I had a 4 gang 12v socket extension running from the 12v socket in the centre console to run CCTV, forward facing camera, charge phone etc....

In the Enyaq, I have 2 x USB 'C' sockets in the front. Can one of these power a USB hub ?? (I suspect not). Or would a 2 port splitter work ??

I really need to have at least 2 cameras running and have capacity to keep phone charged. (Do not know if wireless charging in the console is standard but my phone does not support it anyway).

If I cannot do anything from the 2 x USB 'C's in the front, I may run a 12v extension through from the boot socket.

TIA,

Paul

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Wireless charging isn't standard, its part of i think the convience pack.

The 12v socket is located in the boot so if your happy enough you can buy an extension socket and run it to the front of the car and possibly install a 12v hub under drivers seat or with the dash area ?

I'm unsure of the out put of the USB C ports bit you could try running a splitter for two low powered items saybthe CCTV cameras.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! πŸ˜ƒ

Might work for a well know charging company πŸ˜‰

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about πŸ˜‚
anglosaxon

Post by anglosaxon »

BioHzrd wrote: ↑Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:58 pm Wireless charging isn't standard, its part of i think the convience pack.

The 12v socket is located in the boot so if your happy enough you can buy an extension socket and run it to the front of the car and possibly install a 12v hub under drivers seat or with the dash area ?

I'm unsure of the out put of the USB C ports bit you could try running a splitter for two low powered items saybthe CCTV cameras.
Many thanks. I thought the cameras may run off a splitter....
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Fuse box is located in the glove box area so if your happy to tap into that it's an other option for a supply.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! πŸ˜ƒ

Might work for a well know charging company πŸ˜‰

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about πŸ˜‚
anglosaxon

Post by anglosaxon »

BioHzrd wrote: ↑Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:15 pm Fuse box is located in the glove box area so if your happy to tap into that it's an other option for a supply.
Thankyou
bernardotlt

Post by bernardotlt »

Hello anyone can help one the velocitu of wireless phone charging. Ihave a Samsung Note 10 and takes an eternety to charge 1%. Maybe there is any problem?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post