Banging noise whilst charging - from Enyaq Facebook page

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Deleted User 474

Post by Deleted User 474 »

Just saw this, not my car as I obviously don't have it yet.

Quite worrying, anyone else having issues like these?

Anybody who have had charging problems with their Enyaq?
A friend of me was at a fast charger(350kw) and after 15 min charging,it came a little bang from under her seat and then the car died.

The car is now at the Norwegian Skoda Shop and they have not found out the problem yet🤔

Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Link missing?
RichR

Post by RichR »

I've left that Facebook group as some people are quite rude and obsessed with the phone app, and just moan and whinge, rather than offering advice or useful information.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

4200 miles driven and no such noise on my car
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.
Deleted User 474

Post by Deleted User 474 »

Good to hear no one else has experienced this on here, saw a couple of comments about the banging when fast charging to be normal due to battery expanding etc. I know batteries get hot and expand but the knocking noise sounds a little disconcerting.

I think the problem with Facebook pages is people typically go on when something is bad. Saying that there are lots of people posting pictures of their cars which seem pleased.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

A bang and the a dead car to me sounds like a battery fuse or possibly contactor has given up the ghost.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
RichR

Post by RichR »

I’d go with something like a contactor failing safe too. I’ve read of it happening on early Outlander PHEVs when charging occasionally.

Whether it had a physical fault like a crack or something else caused it to fail we’ll never know.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Tesla model S have a pyrotechnic fuse which instantaneously cuts all power from the HV battery if it detects a crash or serious electrical fault. You'd certainly hear that go off.

I dont know if VAG vehicles use that system too ?
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

tiger tony wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:49 pm Tesla model S have a pyrotechnic fuse which instantaneously cuts all power from the HV battery if it detects a crash or serious electrical fault. You'd certainly hear that go off.

They do indeed. Self Study Program 811213 provides a good deal of info on the HV system and design and safety concepts.
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

IanJ wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:09 pm
tiger tony wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:49 pm Tesla model S have a pyrotechnic fuse which instantaneously cuts all power from the HV battery if it detects a crash or serious electrical fault. You'd certainly hear that go off.

They do indeed. Self Study Program 811213 provides a good deal of info on the HV system and design and safety concepts.

Ah OK, I have glanced at that SSP before but never read it fully. Thanks
I see fuse S415 now on page 36 - PYROTECHNIC fuse inside battery module. Bet thats an expensive module to replace !!!!!
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post