Variable Boot Floor

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
silversurfer

Post by silversurfer »

Hi Enyaq Owners, Would be owners and Enthusiasts,

Does the variable boot floor which comes as part of the transport pack decrease the boot depth permanently (increased floor height)? Or can it be lowered to the original depth as if you had not ordered one with transport pack?
I would need the extra depth for my large dog but would like the flexibility of a level boot if sliding havy items occasionaly.

In other words, is the height adhustable feature only to make the boot floor level with folded seats or can it also be lowered near the boot lip to go down to original depth?

Thanks in advance.

RichR

Post by RichR »

It will always be higher than the standard boot floor because it has the foam storage organiser under the floor. So the rear section is flush with the boot opening. The only bit that moves is the half next to the rear seats so that it makes the transition to the folded seat backs flat. I guess you could take the foam bit out, but it feels glued down to me.

So in answer to your question: yes, it is only to make the floor level with the folded back seats, and you cannot lower any part of it below the boot lip to have the drop like on the standard boot floor.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
silversurfer

Post by silversurfer »

RichR wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:36 pm It will always be higher than the standard boot floor because it has the foam storage organiser under the floor. So the rear section is flush with the boot opening. The only bit that moves is the half next to the rear seats so that it makes the transition to the folded seat backs flat. I guess you could take the foam bit out, but it feels glued down to me.

So in answer to your question: yes, it is only to make the floor level with the folded back seats, and you cannot lower any part of it below the boot lip to have the drop like on the standard boot floor.
Thanks, that is much appreciated.
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

I was told by the dealer that the foam insert is removable as it's something I specifically wanted to check before ordering. He asked Skoda before coming back to me apparently. However I don't have mine yet, and at this rate probably won't until christmas, so I would reply more on the actual knowledge of RichR than what my dealer told me.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
RichR

Post by RichR »

It's probably only held down with double sided tape to be honest - I'm sure you could remove it if you wanted to. Might just be a case of running a thin strip of plastic underneath to break the adhesive.

Mine's too full of stuff to check it out for you though :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
dezember

Post by dezember »

I wonder if the variable booth floor can be retrofitted on the Enayq that doesn't come with the transport package. Thanks.
iV60 Metallic Green :) Assisted Drive. Climate basic. Light & view. Parking plus. Lounge. Ordered 1st Dec 2021. Delivered in August 2022.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes - this was asked a few months ago, and the part numbers were posted. It shouldn't be too big a job either.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

My foam insert/storage piece just lifts out. Its not stuck down or anything.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Part numbers for Variable boot floor =

Polystyrene foam storage unit is part number 5LG 861401.
Higher level boot floor is part number 5LG 861411

Not yet found part number for back seat infill !

A few pictures of the variable boot floor.

Boot floor at highest position to make level with rear folded seats

20220309_151422.png

Boot floor at mid position with seats folded

20220309_151432.png

Foam tray with variable cover removed.

20220309_151648.png

Foam tray removed completely showing floor of Enyaqs boot area.

20220309_151740.png

Variable boot cover half lifted to allow quick access to rear of foam inserts contents.

20220309_152046.jpg

Last edited by tiger tony on Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
ians

Post by ians »

silversurfer wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:30 pm Hi Enyaq Owners, Would be owners and Enthusiasts,

Does the variable boot floor which comes as part of the transport pack decrease the boot depth permanently (increased floor height)? Or can it be lowered to the original depth as if you had not ordered one with transport pack?
I would need the extra depth for my large dog but would like the flexibility of a level boot if sliding havy items occasionaly.

In other words, is the height adhustable feature only to make the boot floor level with folded seats or can it also be lowered near the boot lip to go down to original depth?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, I checked my Sportline 80x today which has the transport pack. The foam insert is not glued in and can be easily removed and the boot floor fits to the level as if you did not have the transport pack. Hope that helps and re-assures you.
UK: Sportline 80x, 21" Betria wheels, Race Blue Metallic, Heat Pump and most options. No sunroof or tow bar.
Ordered end July, entered production week 38.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post