Range mode - how to activate this?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
kodedjay

Post by kodedjay »

hi there, my friend has as an audi Q4 and he has an option to activate 'range mode' whereby the car optimises itself so that it can reach a particular destination without running out of battery. Is this option available on the skoda enyaq 60 IV ecosuite?

RichR

Post by RichR »

Sadly not. The Q4 etron has quite different software to the other MEB platform cars (Enyaq, ID.3, ID.4, ID.5, ID.6, Cupra Born etc). It uses different navigation software for example.

However that's not to say something similar won't appear in a future software update.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 »

The closest the enyaq would have is the ECO mode in the drive selection screen (if you have it). It limits the acceleration and the top speed to supposedly increase the efficiency and therefore increase the range.
marccdavison

Post by marccdavison »

Roo1980 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:01 pm The closest the enyaq would have is the ECO mode in the drive selection screen (if you have it). It limits the acceleration and the top speed to supposedly increase the efficiency and therefore increase the range.
I've not really noticed any difference in how the drive performs or any increase in economy in ECO Mode
orrery

Post by orrery »

Roo1980 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:01 pm The closest the enyaq would have is the ECO mode in the drive selection screen (if you have it). It limits the acceleration and the top speed to supposedly increase the efficiency and therefore increase the range.
To be fair, there isn't anything about eco mode that you can't do by driving sensibly. You could argue that using B mode isn't a good idea, as burning power and regenerating it just adds more inefficiency - better drive with no regeneration and target to coast to the next obstruction. Eco and B mode comes into its own when people don't know how to drive efficiently.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Wow! Blanket insult received! And there was me thinking this was a mature forum serving the needs of mature people. In the 1960s I learned how to make a few drops of petrol last long distances and have practised economical driving ever since. My 80 is used in ECO mode every time. The performance is perhaps a tad blunted and top whack is around 80mph-a good thing imo. Whether it extends the usable range or not is open to question… Commencing GOM 248 indicated yesterday, 130 actual miles covered in nasty weather and much congestion, GOM miles used 150, interior set to 18 degrees, ECO mode, lights, wipers, washers, entertainment all doing their bit.

Fossilnot
orrery

Post by orrery »

I never claimed to be mature, just old!

I'm just pointing out the limitations of the laws of physics. Driving an electric motor isn't 100% efficient, and neither is regenerating back into the battery, and then using the power to drive the motor again ... better to do drive the motor the once.

I just wish I had more control over regen - the paddles are pretty useless as they are cancelled immediately the accelerator is used.

A suggestion for VW Group/Skoda - leave the paddle operation as it is in mode D, but in mode B let the paddles set the level of regen and don't cancel it.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post