Garage door opener

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Any tips how to best integrate a garage door opener to the car (other than gluing my remote to the dashboard? Perhaps some aftermarket option that is neatly done and fits the Enyaq?

RDG

Post by RDG »

I tried a Meross smart door opener which fried the PCB on my motor, so after a £150 repair I had to rethink and found the "Smart Bot" switch which you just stick to the rocker switch of your electric door opener and along with a tiny hub close by enables you to open or close your garage door by asking Alexa, Google assistant, Siri etc. from anywhere. It is brilliant, only took minutes to set up and cost about £40 all in. I just keep the Alexa app open on my phone, usually on the charging tray and don't need to touch it.
IV60 Suite, Arctic Silver, 19" Regulus whls, Assist drive pack, light & view pack, comfort seat pack, parking pack, convenience pack, drive pack, infotainment pack +, 100Kw charging. Pod Point 7kw home charger, ordered 30/07/21 del. 09/12/21
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I have a similar door opener. If yours is the same you can set up two routines on Alexa to open and close the door. As Alexa thinks the opener is a switch set up a routine "Open garage door" and "Close Garage door" as Turn smart garage door opener on/off".
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RDG

Post by RDG »

Yep, that's exactly what I've done.
IV60 Suite, Arctic Silver, 19" Regulus whls, Assist drive pack, light & view pack, comfort seat pack, parking pack, convenience pack, drive pack, infotainment pack +, 100Kw charging. Pod Point 7kw home charger, ordered 30/07/21 del. 09/12/21
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

RDG wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:20 am Yep, that's exactly what I've done.
Great minds think alike. :P
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Thanks, so essentially you control it via phone/app.
Maybe the Skoda voice assistant can handle it for you?
RDG

Post by RDG »

I doubt it at the moment, I think you're better sticking with Alexa, Google assistant or Siri. Have a look at the switch Bot on amazon, there are also plenty of videos on you tube
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Yeah, I found that, but wanted a more low tech (real button) solution. Not a fan of Alexa/Siri/google to flush the toilet just because I can. :D
RDG

Post by RDG »

Sounds like you might be best to stick with the remote.
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Was thinking more along these type of solutions. Maybe it works for the Enyaq as well?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post