Main Drive problem and regen paddles not operating.

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
AEW

Post by AEW »

Car came to sudden stop while driving out of my drive. Fault: Warning Electric drive not working correctly, visit workshop. After a little while and going from park to drive a couple of times it was possible to drive as normal except the regen braking did not appear to be operating correctly. Later that day after leaving it parked the fault disappeared. I took it to my local Skoda garage and they did a diagnostic check and have a raised a tech discussion with Skoda. During the diagnostic check they found the steering wheel module had an error which apparently requires a new complete steering wheel? I have also found that the regen paddles do not operate correctly.
So I am now waiting to hear from Marshall's (Skoda).

Brightblue

Post by Brightblue »

I’ve had exactly the same; a one off isolated incident of electric drive failure, then when the car went it to fix rear bench down properly they told me I needed a new steering wheel which is on order…..
Tamworth-Pig

Post by Tamworth-Pig »

My cars paddles never worked since I've had the car; I always imagined the paddles would come alive after some future software update. Now I'm worried about pending replacement of the steering wheel. There's been no loss of power though and the regen bar works fine.
Enyaq Iv 60, Velvet Red, 19" Anthracite Wheels, Lounge Interior, Climate Package Basic, Drive Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Tow Bar Preparation.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Tamworth-Pig wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:39 pm My cars paddles never worked since I've had the car; I always imagined the paddles would come alive after some future software update. Now I'm worried about pending replacement of the steering wheel. There's been no loss of power though and the regen bar works fine.

The paddles don’t do anything if you drive in B mode. In D mode, the left one applies 3 levels of regen - which you’d experience as ‘progressively stronger ‘braking’. The right one takes you back one level each time you flip it.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
white67

Post by white67 »

Good grief - is this catching?
Same error here after start up here in the frozen, snowy Norf.
Tried the on/off thing twice but same error. I'll keep at it and hope I don't have to visit the stealership.

(Would be fun if I did - I cancelled my original order with them and went elsewhere!!)
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Race Blue Metallic, 21" Betria Alloys, Tow Bar Prep, Comfort Seat Basic - with Heated Seats added, Convenience Pack Plus,
Drive Pack Basic, Light & View Pack Basic, Parking Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus
orrery

Post by orrery »

Goaty wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:14 pm The paddles don’t do anything if you drive in B mode. In D mode, the left one applies 3 levels of regen - which you’d experience as ‘progressively stronger ‘braking’. The right one takes you back one level each time you flip it....

And immediately you touch the go pedal, it cancels! Useless.

If I set a level of regen, then I want that level of regen as default until I change it. It would be nice to have the (-) paddle go to full regen if I pull and hold it, then back to default when I release it.

I get the impression that VW/Skoda designers don't drive their own cars.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

I found it really useful, that the regen option cancels. It is most useful to coast with no regen, and when traffic gets closer one can incrementally increase braking power.

My spouse was used to engine braking from ice, so we customised the extra driving setting to always have regen mode at level 2.
Tamworth-Pig

Post by Tamworth-Pig »

What might a new steering wheel cost out of guarantee ? £1000 I'd bet. Even if there's no current indication of a fault (like the inoperative paddles on my car) this might be affecting people well in to the future.

They decided to try and build cars during a horrible pandemic, it was an admirable thing to do, lets hope we who had faith and went out bought these cars don't get forgotten about, in time.
Enyaq Iv 60, Velvet Red, 19" Anthracite Wheels, Lounge Interior, Climate Package Basic, Drive Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Tow Bar Preparation.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post