Press release : Software update

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

If the side sensors could be dealer added I bet many would go for it for the new travel assist and parking assist features.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

So if I understand correctly, the reason the major new firmware upgrade needs to be done at the dealership (and not OTA), is they are going to replace a module somewhere relating to the 12v battery - presumably to allow compatibility with the firmware plans, going forwards.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
zice

Post by zice »

Goaty wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:57 am So if I understand correctly, the reason the major new firmware upgrade needs to be done at the dealership (and not OTA), is they are going to replace a module somewhere relating to the 12v battery - presumably to allow compatibility with the firmware plans, going forwards.
word on the street is that there's a large number of ECU updates which can't be made OTA yet, because they don't have that functionality. Once they are updated manually, they will be able to receive OTA. Also apparently the 12V battery is being changed (at least in the VW ID world)...nothing confirmed yet though.
Iang

Post by Iang »

Agreed, Skoda's attitude is a complete joke. I have been emailing customer support for months having been previously been told that Skoda could not guarantee software updates to my car. Only to be told a week ago that they still did not know whether updates would be applied. The following link may help:

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/pre ... -software/

Still a pathetic effort when you compare to Tesla, Apple Samsung and most others. They still lie on the app about climatization and the ability to lock and unlock remotely.

BMW had this 6 years ago and with constant updates.

Herbert Diess said about Dirk Hilgenberg “Software competence is the only way forward”

https://www.volkswagenag.com/en/news/st ... nberg.html

Other than my infotainment system going offline for about a week once a month and the rubbish software, most aspects of the car are great
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\. The BMW app was useless 6 years ago though; myself and my neighbour had new BMW’s then and we were both supposed to be able to heat / cool our cars remotely - and would joke (cuss !) about it whilst simultaneously scraping the ice off our cars when the app failed.

I gather they’ve improved it since, but it was a lot worse than the Skoda app is now, for the three years I had free access to BMW’s online services. I didn’t bother renewing at the end of the free term.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Thank god. The dampening of my home charging on the schedules has been very frustrating.
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post