Press release : Software update

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

ŠKODA ENYAQ iV family’s range and comfort enhanced thanks to new software
Mladá Boleslav, 25 February 2022 – A new software package increases the maximum range of the battery-electric ŠKODA ENYAQ iV family, shortens charging times, increases comfort and optimises operation. ŠKODA has been installing the new ME3 software version in the ENYAQ COUPÉ iV since production was launched in February 2022, and it is also being installed in all new ŠKODA ENYAQ iVs. ENYAQ iVs already delivered to customers will be updated to the new software version free of charge when visiting a dealership in the second half of 2022. Customers will receive further information about updating to the new software version shortly.

https://cdn.skoda-storyboard.com/2022/0 ... ss_release
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.

chillyboy123

Post by chillyboy123 »

Second half of the year. That’s a joke.

They need to be quicker at churning out software updates.

These updates were first announced in December.

I was in a dealer service department yesterday and they had not even heard anything about it.
Enyaq iV60 - Race Blue with 20” Vega Wheels,
Assisted Drive Package +, Convenience Package +,
Parking Package Basic, Drive Package Basic,
Climate Package Basic, 120 kW charging,
Light and View Package Basic,

Upgraded to ME 3.0
Tafsern

Post by Tafsern »

chillyboy123 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:03 am Second half of the year. That’s a joke.

I was in a dealer service department yesterday and they had not even heard anything about it.
No, they weren't announced for the Enyaq in December, they were announced today. Everything else has been based on rumours or the update for ID.3, ID.4 and the release of ID.5 and Enyaq Coupe.
Skoda Enyaq iV80 Sportline - Quartz Grey
RichR

Post by RichR »

To be fair, the document saying what is in this software was released just before the Coupe went on sale (see my post about a month ago). As everything leaving the factory this month should have it. But there were no details of when or how it would be released to existing models.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Miket

Post by Miket »

Told a good way to improve battery distance the other day, and that is turn off the cabin heat and use the heated seats, the seats use the 12v battery and not the traction battery or the bloody great big 7kw cabin heater
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

chillyboy123 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:03 am Second half of the year. That’s a joke.

I suppose they have to be 100% sure that the new software doesn’t inadvertently introduce other issues - and for that, they are no doubt beta-testing with several hundred vehicles. It’s not as if the software is desperately needed (as far as I can tell) - most Enyaqs are trouble-free I believe, even on the current software version. Mine is.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
chillyboy123

Post by chillyboy123 »

Tafsern wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:45 am

No, they weren't announced for the Enyaq in December, they were announced today. Everything else has been based on rumours or the update for ID.3, ID.4 and the release of ID.5 and Enyaq Coupe.
I have read a number of posts for the Enyaq since December. On the Skoda storyboard and Skoda’s twitter account.

Saying what the update will bring and that existing cars will get it.

For example :-

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=769&p=6446&hilit=Software#p6446
Enyaq iV60 - Race Blue with 20” Vega Wheels,
Assisted Drive Package +, Convenience Package +,
Parking Package Basic, Drive Package Basic,
Climate Package Basic, 120 kW charging,
Light and View Package Basic,

Upgraded to ME 3.0
RichR

Post by RichR »

Also the logistics of getting 50,000 cars into dealerships at times convenient for the owners is probably not an easy task.

In the last few days I’ve driven 1200 miles on the existing software and was perfectly happy. So although there are a couple of nice things in the new version I’m not fussed when I get it.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

I want it so my reversing camera is usable at night please !
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Some info on what and when is coming on the VW side. Suppose Skoda will be later (but better).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post