False selling with the range

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Myfirstev

Post by Myfirstev »

Not got mine yet but while shopping around used the companies figure minus 20% as won't charge to 100% then 20% more off in cold weather to work out if car has the range I need
Ordered a 60 on sep 13th. Most packs, free upgrade to 100kw charging and boot tray, race blue. Build week of 7th march 2022. Charger install 25th January. At UK port 1st June. Hopefully picking up by 16th june

Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

Enyaq IV 80 has a WLTP of about 530km. That is calculated from a combination of different speeds, accelerations, decelerations etc in a laboratory setting. However, one does rarely drive in a similar pattern in real life, as stated before in this thread.

When looking to buy an EV, WLTP gives an idea what different cars can achieve. Combime this info with correlating battery size and you get an average consumption (eg. Mpg). Again, as stated here before, is not the whole truth. Instead, one should go for a test drive. See how your driving patterns compare to the average consumption. What do you achieve in city or on the highway. Later on, you can adjust these numbers a little with tweaks, that are listed on this thread.

It is also useful to do your own research. Bjorn Nyland, or "teslabjorn", does test EVs in a serie of settings. In highway runs he got estimated 452 or 316 km range with average speeds of 90km/h and 120km/h, respectively. Please see attachment. Another youtuber, Kris Rifa, did test how long can he reach with a single charge. Can't remember the result, but the info is out there.

Additionally, one should seek the aid of different EV route planners. They give a ballpark idea for the range of each car in different conditions. Add your daily commute and you'll see how much charge you lose. Then add some wxtra loss for initial heating etc to get some buffer.

There is nothing one shouldn't do when buying an EV compared to an ICE, but for some reason the whole process has been marketed wrong, in my opinion. of course the car should be hassle-free, but the reality is, tjat when you spend thousands of your money into something, you should take ada with a grain of salt.

Screenshot_20220301-091759~2.jpg

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Also EV Database appears to show what the more realistic range would be. I’m not sure how they pull their info together though, but absolutely a more useful indicator of range across a variety of conditions, than just going by WLTP.

IV80
https://ev-database.uk/car/1280/Skoda-Enyaq-iV-80

IV60
https://ev-database.uk/car/1279/Skoda-Enyaq-iV-60

IV80 X
https://ev-database.uk/car/1281/Skoda-Enyaq-iV-80x
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Westy

Post by Westy »

It does make me smile a bit when people are shocked that WLTP is almost unachievable - particularly in the winter.

I’m getting 250-270 from my 80 at the moment, mixed usage.

I don’t remember any of my previous Hybrids, petrols or diesels ever achieving their MPG for any length of time (55mph on motorway maybe). Seem to remember my Passat GTE was supposed to achieve over 100 mpg :)

I know moving to EV’s is different and does take some getting used to though.

Maybe a Moderator could Pin a standard answer about Range to the front page? It would help potential buyers and new owners
Enyaq 80 Loft
Quartz Grey
Climate Pack, Assisted Drive, 125Kw

Replacing a Passat GTE Estate
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

Westy wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:13 pm Maybe a Moderator could Pin a standard answer about Range to the front page? It would help potential buyers and new owners

I’ll vote for that!
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

Indeed. Something like a FAQ
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Great idea - I don’t know if we have any moderators though? It’s been a very well behaved forum, to date :-)

There’s someone called ‘Rob’ whose name appears in red, somewhat infrequently. I think he might be the site’s admin / owner?

I’ll see if he’s contactable at all, and if so, whether pinning a FAQ or similar is something which can be done.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Helijock

Post by Helijock »

The combined figure of 170 miles is spot on for me!
Ordered June 21. Race Blue, Suit, 19" Proteus wheels, 100kw charging, Heat Pump, Comfort seat plus, Climate package plus, Transport pack, Drive Sport basic, Assisted Drive basic, Parking basic. Then I ran out of money!
Miket

Post by Miket »

Perchede wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:06 pm Range mainly depends on Temp, speed and driving. even driving 10 mph slowing makes a big difference.
Range quoted is based on WLTP combined town and country driving with some moterway included. It is for comparision purposes.
10mph may help, but if your on the motorway that would put you amongst the big lorries and leave you playing with 44 tonnes from all directions and only last week I saw a car spun round and bulldozed down the road
Miket

Post by Miket »

Hermy4147 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:54 pm DF4A43E7-7870-4EDB-B848-5BCF70CDB297.jpeg
This is my iv 80 also charged to 100% when set to 80%

F758EED2-0CB6-40A4-9986-D0C358DEE5A4.jpeg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post