False selling with the range

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Hermy4147

Post by Hermy4147 »

330 miles is the range stated on my founders edition enyaq it’s a joke I get 230 full charge

Hermy4147

Post by Hermy4147 »

DF4A43E7-7870-4EDB-B848-5BCF70CDB297.jpeg

retsil

Post by retsil »

Hermy4147 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:52 pm 330 miles is the range stated on my founders edition enyaq it’s a joke I get 230 full charge
You may find this improves with the weather and a longer period for the GOM to learn your driving style.

What is your current average m/kWh?
Sportline 80x Velvet Red
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Range mainly depends on Temp, speed and driving. even driving 10 mph slowing makes a big difference.
Range quoted is based on WLTP combined town and country driving with some moterway included. It is for comparision purposes.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

As Perchede says the WLTP figures are derived from a standardised testing regime that each manufacturer has to submit their vehicles to. The aim is to provide consumers a basis with which to compare the efficiency of vehicles from differing manufacturers. It's just like the mpg figures quoted for ICE vehicles. Real world figures depend on so many variables, such as weather, temperature, hills, traffic congestion, over which you have little control.

If you want a better idea of estimates of real-life ranges have a look here https://ev-database.uk/car/1280/Skoda-Enyaq-iV-80
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

I love these, no one ever complained there ice car doesn't get the mpg stated ?

Sorry but its getting boring now. 😴
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

No one should be using WLPT as a measure realistic range. However I think the dealers should make more of an effort to explain what WLPT range should be used for (comparison only). I agree this subject has been given too much airtime now.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Agree dealers have a lot to street for but owners have a thing called Google.

People generally read reviews of items before they purchase them, if so realistic millage would be found reading thr first trvoew that pops up.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

07ADDC45-F765-4257-80E0-50429DCE0E0E.jpeg

If it helps

273 is the best I have ever seen

I have also seen 230 and driven for 250 and still had 40 miles left, so it totally depends on how you drive and the conditions you drive in

As all the other threads say the range depends on so many factors, I think the biggest is speed and outside temperature, but I haven’t owned mine in warm weather yet.
Last edited by DazF05 on Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Copy n’ paste 👍:

The estimated range at 80% for example (or 100% if you charge to the max) will absolutely vary, depending on what type of driving you’ve been doing over the past ‘x’ hundred miles since the last charge. By ‘type’ that includes speed, acceleration, av. journey distance, hills vs flats, outside temperatures, heater settings etc.

I’ve driven a variety of journey types now, across a wide enough range of temperatures to see - and predict - a bit of a pattern.

Sometimes I like to enjoy fast acceleration and generally keeping to 70 on motorways. If the car thinks that’s how my driving style will be going forward, then on 100%, it may only give me 230 miles of predicted range for the next time I use the car ( I have an IV80 ).

However if I then drive sympathetically in warmer conditions (and keeping to 60 mph on the motorway) then instead of only having the 230 miles it initially predicted, I might actually achieve 280 miles (for example).

If that’s the case, then the next time I charge to 100% (at home on a slow charger), the car will think I will continue to drive sympathetically, and may give me a prediction of 280 miles. If I then choose to drive / accelerate enthusiastically or my journey ‘type’ isn’t conducive to efficiency, then I’ll likely achieve a fair bit less than 280 miles.

It behaves exactly as I’d expect, according to the way I’ve been driving prior to my next charge 👍

Also, there’s no need to freeze ;-) Setting the temperature between 18 and 21c should only take around 10 miles off the estimated range - even with A/C active (to help prevent the windows misting up).
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post