Insurers-Your Recommendations (UK)

The place to discuss everything else..
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Getting on for a year ago we purchased our Enyaq in haste on the basis a test drive. Insurance was arranged equally hastily. With the clarity of hindsight the premium was expensive and although we have the option to renew at the same premium I intend shopping for insurance more carefully this year. Seventies, retired, circa 10000 mpa, 80iV, broad brush recommendations? Appreciated.

Fossilnot

Helijock

Post by Helijock »

I replaced a 5 year old Mazda CX5 AWD for a new Enyaq iV60 and my premium dropped. I was with LV.
Ordered June 21. Race Blue, Suit, 19" Proteus wheels, 100kw charging, Heat Pump, Comfort seat plus, Climate package plus, Transport pack, Drive Sport basic, Assisted Drive basic, Parking basic. Then I ran out of money!
Daffo1950

Post by Daffo1950 »

Try Privilege insurance ,we had a Skoda Kamiq before we got the Enyaq and our premium has only gone up £26 ,hope this helps
anotherjohn

Post by anotherjohn »

We've been happy with SAGA. When the drain blocked (due to tree roots squashing the 1950 ish fibre pipe) they quickly sent some round & when the "unblocking ball" got stuck quickly agreed with the contractor that they could relay a new drain (conventional brown plastic) away from the tree. With the Enyaq we expect an increase from the 15 year old 70ps Polo!
Race blue 60, 100KW, partition net screen, climate basic, convenience, transport, drive basic, assisted drive, parking basic. Collected 23May22
NickyP

Post by NickyP »

We're with admiral, just renewed for £275, no complaints.
MY22 Enyaq 60 nav suite, Race blue, 21" Betria wheels, 100kW charging, Comfort seat pack basic, Climate pack basic, Chrome pack, Driving sport package basic, Assisted drive pack basic, Parking pack basic, Panoramic roof.
Pict

Post by Pict »

I have been with Saga for about 3 years now. First with our Disco Sport and now the Enyaq. The premium went down when we changed cars.

Excellent customer service and best price.

Never been charged "admin fees" when making changes to the policy (reg number etc)
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Thanks for all replies. Our policy is currently with Saga but the premium is in the region of £400 which seems a tad excessive in view of maturity, clean licences, clear claims /incident record, and postcode. I’ll shop around.

Fossilnot
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

We have changed to LV (Flow) instead of renewing the Saga policy. Our new premium is£279 and pence. Renewal with Saga would have been £411 and pence. So a saving of around £130.00 for comparable cover.

When exploring possibilities I spoke with several old school brokers (people) and more than once it was claimed that insurers are not liking EVs at present use to parts unavailability and repair difficulties.

Fossilnot
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

Is that their EV specific policy? In which case it isn't quite comparable, in that they have some extras like including sending someone to charge you up if you get stranded with a flat battery. I can't remember the other percs they mentioned while I was waiting to race my son on their Scalextric set at Fully Charged Live!
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Interesting re: insurance companies not liking EVs. We were with RAC insurance with about 12 years NCD and they refused to cover the Enyaq. Ended up going to Admiral who covered it for about £300 and that was without moving the NCD over.
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post