Octopus Go Tariff (This Last Year)

The place to discuss everything else..
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

How does an average of 9.17pence per kWh sound? Unrepeatable in view of what is just round the corner methinks! (Tariff expires end of July) It has worked out well-in cash terms-due to exceptional circumstances whereby two cars have relied on the one wall box for the bulk of their juice. This will continue for an indeterminate but limited time…

It highlights how the choice (chance of that?) of tariff is something of a gamble influenced by personal circumstances. A juice heavy family household with low mileage would probably end up on the wrong end of the chart.

So how do I persuade Mrs FN that we should commit big lumps of money into solar and household batteries?

Fossilnot

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

That sounds good. I’m currently on a flat rate of 12.9 p / kWh (I think it is), irrespective of the time of day, but that too expires end of July :-(. I’m with Octopus.

I’ve been quoted some quite hideous rates after then (35 p I think) so I’ll be having a good look around again very soon.
We are quite heavy users during the day, so a more expensive day rate to offset cheaper night rates, doesn’t really work for us. Especially in winter, as most of the ground floor is heated with electric underfloor heating :-(

I’ve done 6000 miles in just under 7 months, so not a huge amount of mileage.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Long gone are those deals now and I doubt we will see electricity prices south of 20pkW any time in the next year and a bit if we are lucky.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post