Unsuitable Charger?

The place to discuss everything else..
ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

Also, there was a major app update a month or so ago, which has made it much easier setting timed schedules. This solved some peoples' issues with reliability, but I haven't had any problems myself.

Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

I am now on site and first impressions are that the Project EV has an attractive appearance but, like I do my own charger, I have reservations regarding durability in exposed conditions. This one is currently in dumb mode (which my relatives advised was the prime requirement), however they want to keep track of usage/history. Whilst it is working perfectly well as a dumb charger my relatives have not been able to activate the app. The installer (who returned to site yesterday) has not been able to activate the app! I have viewed the Project EV tutorials on YouTube but am not at all certain that I will be able to activate the app…

The Project EV appears to have an integrated accessible mcb. I assume that because of this design feature it is permissible to run it directly from a way in the consumer unit? (Much less complex installation than my own EO)

It does not appear to require a hardwired Ethernet connection so I assume that Wi-Fi does the job (will be checking signal strength today)

Fossilnot
ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

It does annoy me though that I'm paying to illuminate their branding at night time though - I should at least have the option to turn this off.

I didn't have any problems connecting the app to charger - I followed the video tutorial step-by-step (turn off at consumer unit, turn back on, then follow steps).

Setting it up isn't as easy as it should be and the written instructions are useless. Just follow the video. Mine copes well with fairly weak Wi-Fi strength.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post