PhilMK

Post by PhilMK »

Hi
My first post.
I'm hopefully getting my car soon
Ordered 26th July
Build week 42
My question is this.
To all the lucky ones who now have their cars, was there a big difference in your car insurance?

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

My French Enyaq with GAP insurance was less than my cheap Toyota Yaris.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

We were pleasantly surprised. The quote we got for a brand new 80 was similar to our ancient Vauxhall we're trading in. You should be able to get a rough quote now if you know the model, even without the number plate.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
PhilMK

Post by PhilMK »

That's great to hear
I will start the ball rolling tomorrow
Thanks for your reply
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

You should get 3 days free cover from your dealer, and probably can't get a quote more than a month before delivery, so there's probably no rush.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

Amusing story: For my last but one car (diesel), I asked if they could improve on the 2 day cover they offered, as I was moving from a company car (and insurance) and needed time to set my insurance up, not having needed to before. They were happy to oblige, and gave me a policy for 14 days included in the agreed price.

Some time later, with my own insurance in place, I was going to chuck the paperwork, but saw the policy also included 1 year gap insurance - something I would never bother with.

Much later, I was visiting my brother, and parked in a quiet residential street. At 2am, some boys out for a ride took a corner too fast and shunted my car into the neighbour's car. All 3 cars written off (nobody hurt!).

This happened 2 days before the gap insurance was due to expire. Lucky, or what?
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.
thecouchtata

Post by thecouchtata »

I have 9 years no claims now and with my 25D X1 it was going to be £560 when renewing.

This dropped to £480 with the Enyaq IV 60
Skoda Enyaq iV60 - Black, 20” Vega, Chrome Pack, Climate Basic, Convenience Basic - Pod Point 7KW Untethered - Government Grant £2,500

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post