What do you think of the Skoda Enyaq name?

The place to discuss everything else..
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

The name of the new ŠKODA Enyaq is derived from the Irish name ‘Enya’, meaning ‘source of life’. Enya itself comes from the Irish Gaelic word ‘Eithne’, meaning ‘essence’, ‘spirit’ or ‘principle’. These different meanings allow different perspectives on the name of ŠKODA’s new SUV. The ‘source of life’ symbolises the start of a new era as the car manufacturer enters into electromobility.

ENYAQ.jpg

OlivierW11

Post by OlivierW11 »

They are trying hard with their Q monikers aren't they.... A bit like when Citroen had Xs in all their names and ended up making up words like Xsara...

I do like the name, but they could probably have found something 'easier'....
current: Kodiaq 1.4tsi 1st Edition
Next (as of 31/09/21) Carmin Elektra - Enyaq 80 Sportliine, 21 inch wheels, Red....
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I wasn’t a fan when I first heard about the existence of Enyaq’s in April this year (where I live, ‘yaq’ is associated with the noise someone makes when they’re ill 🤮 !!)

But I’m used to it now.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

I think they missed a trick by not licensing a bit of 'Orinoco Flow' as the startup sound... :D
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

RichR wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:40 am I think they missed a trick by not licensing a bit of 'Orinoco Flow' as the startup sound... :D

I’m absolutely glad that they did not! I wouldn’t want that ‘earworm’ stuck in my head every time I got in the car ! 😂😂
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

RichR wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:40 am I think they missed a trick by not licensing a bit of 'Orinoco Flow' as the startup sound... :D
The Womble or the Song :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

It was indeed an odd name initially but I think its acceptable now i've got used to it.

I personally couldn't care less what a car name means, just needs to flow off the tongue well.

I too would have thought manufacturers of electric cars would use names associated with electricity like the Volt / Tesla / Ampera etc but I guess they had to run out eventually if you pardon the pun!.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
RichR

Post by RichR »

All of Skoda's pure EVs will start with 'E'. And all their SUV type models end in 'Q'.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

I think that "EQ IV 60" would have been a cool name!
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.
darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

:D I just call mine "the car" as in Mr Darkside says to Mrs Darkside "I'm just going to put the car on charge"
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post