Car/booster seats

The place to discuss everything else..
Kwesi

Post by Kwesi »

Hi all, ordered my iv60 13th November 21, got three children 8,7 and 3 was wondering if three children car/booster seats will fit at the back of the Enyaq. We are practically a family of 5.

Iv60, moon White, Comfort seat package basic, climate pk basic, convenience pk plus, assisted drive pk basic, parking pk plus and 21", (100kw included with package/built free or standard to every enyaq now)

DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Well, that depends on how wide your car seats are... ;)
There are only two sets of isofix in the back, one set on the passenger in the front.
If you're using boosters without isofix, then my estimate is that it's fine.
But if you've got three car seats with backs and head protectors and stuff, then probably not.
Do you need a measurement?
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

The rear seat is just over 130cm wide, so should be fine for 3x standard booster seats. However, the bucket shape means that when two are placed left and right comfortably in their buckets, there's not much room for a third in the middle. And the middle seat belt connectors are quite close.

PXL_20211128_141902920.jpg

PXL_20211128_141830372.jpg

Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Kwesi

Post by Kwesi »

DazAutomatic wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:25 pm The rear seat is just over 130cm wide, so should be fine for 3x standard booster seats. However, the bucket shape means that when two are placed left and right comfortably in their buckets, there's not much room for a third in the middle. And the middle seat belt connectors are quite close.PXL_20211128_141902920.jpgPXL_20211128_141830372.jpg
Hi DazAutomatic, Much appreciated for the reply and images. I've got two boosters like yours but for my 3 year old it's a no. If anything will figure something out or start looking for slimmer car seat or booster.
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Kwesi wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:17 pm Hi DazAutomatic, Much appreciated for the reply and images. I've got two boosters like yours but for my 3 year old it's a no. If anything will figure something out or start looking for slimmer car seat or booster.
It's a great sized family car. The kids will love the amount of legroom in the back, and you'll love the size of the boot, with the option for roofbox or trailer if you're desperate. As far as EVs go, it's the best option we found, and at the less unaffordable end of EVs. The only downside is that it's so quiet, you'll still be able to hear them arguing in the back.
Kwesi

Post by Kwesi »

DazAutomatic wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:32 pm
Kwesi wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:17 pm Hi DazAutomatic, Much appreciated for the reply and images. I've got two boosters like yours but for my 3 year old it's a no. If anything will figure something out or start looking for slimmer car seat or booster.
It's a great sized family car. The kids will love the amount of legroom in the back, and you'll love the size of the boot, with the option for roofbox or trailer if you're desperate. As far as EVs go, it's the best option we found, and at the less unaffordable end of EVs. The only downside is that it's so quiet, you'll still be able to hear them arguing in the back.
Ahhh thanks. Looking forward to it.
sam_vasu

Post by sam_vasu »

Question: I’ve never had a car with front passenger isofix before. Does this mean I can legally (U.K.) put the 4-year-old’s car seat in the front? He would love that!
RichR

Post by RichR »

You're advised to carry all people under the age of 12 in the rear, but you can legally have a child of 3 or more in the front if they secured in a proper child seat if you want to.
If the seat is rear facing you must disable the passenger airbag, if it's front facing you must move the seat back as far as it'll go to maximise the distance to the airbag.

Taken from https://blog.halfords.com/can-my-child- ... -of-a-car/
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
sam_vasu

Post by sam_vasu »

RichR wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:11 pm You're advised to carry all people under the age of 12 in the rear, but you can legally have a child of 3 or more in the front if they secured in a proper child seat if you want to.
If the seat is rear facing you must disable the passenger airbag, if it's front facing you must move the seat back as far as it'll go to maximise the distance to the airbag.

Taken from https://blog.halfords.com/can-my-child- ... -of-a-car/
Thanks!
GlasnevinDub

Post by GlasnevinDub »

I am trying to figure out if I can fit a high back booster seat in the back of the Enyaq. As we are having a third child.

Can someone advise what is the distance between the two buckle or latches in the rear middle seat?

we currently have a 2017 Hyundai Tucson and it’s 25.5cm from buckle to buckle on the rear seat which is too small.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post