Which screen would you rather the Clima Button brought up first?

The place to discuss everything else..

Which screen would you rather the Clima Button brought up first?

I'd prefer the Smart A/C screen (like it does now)
20%
I’d prefer the Classic A/C screen.
53%
I’m really not bothered.
27%

Total votes: 15

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Hi,

I hardly ever want / need to use Smart A/C, but pressing the Clima button always brings up the Smart A/C screen first.

I’d prefer it brought up the Classic A/C screen first to be honest, as I find it more useful ;-)

So just a quick poll for those who already drive Enyaq’s. Which screen would you prefer the Clima button brought up first?

55FD8F2D-2812-4EAA-A1C8-36BF7759B6A1.jpeg

5A142578-61AC-4B8D-BB3D-D28752E27605.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

I'd probably quite like it to default to whatever I last used...
I like the defog on smart, but otherwise the classic is what I want.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

I think Iam getting the lower view when pressing the physical button. Did not test now, but quite sure about it ..
RichR

Post by RichR »

I never use it. Climate control stays on full auto for me. The most I do is occasionally change the temperature slightly, or use the demist button, neither of which involve the climate control screen.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

RichR wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:41 am I never use it. Climate control stays on full auto for me. The most I do is occasionally change the temperature slightly, or use the demist button, neither of which involve the climate control screen.
Much the same here - it's why I'd like to see the defog button as an option for a favourite, like the air recycling.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Pict

Post by Pict »

I get the classic screen because I remember having to change screens to get the warm feet option
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Fantastic vote and thread, cheers Goaty. Yes I agree with you (Classic) and its a bit of a bug bear for me.
Another bug bear is the manual seat height adjuster which when operated as happens a lot in our family, cuts a groove out of the plastic side part of the seat. I will find something to stick on but I shouldn't have to.

20220109_150003[1].jpg

Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

metalmadhammer wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:04 am Fantastic vote and thread, cheers Goaty. Yes I agree with you (Classic) and its a bit of a bug bear for me.

Yeah, it’s not the end of the world to have to press Classic on the screen after pressing the Clima ‘hardware’ button, but logically I’d have expected the more traditional ‘classic’ controls to what you see first. Could be confusing for someone who doesn’t normally drive an Enyaq (e.g as a temporary hire car).

Interesting that some people apparently do have the Classic screen first; I wondered if this was perhaps on Left Hand Drive models but I guess Pict has a RHD Enyaq (and Climate Plus like I do).

Once Classic has been selected, it does go back to Classic when you press Clima again during the journey, but in my case, defaults back to Smart settings first, after the car has been turned off, and on again.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Pict

Post by Pict »

Goaty wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:48 pm
but I guess Pict has a RHD Enyaq (and Climate Plus like I do).
Quite correct
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post