Navigation night mode?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
RichR

Post by RichR »

Took some photos for you:

88A1308B-2BBE-41B5-9A3D-E5FC176212A9.jpeg

6D2C8DA4-4436-44E3-950D-BDD325AA41E9.jpeg

Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

RichR wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:12 pm Took some photos for you:

88A1308B-2BBE-41B5-9A3D-E5FC176212A9.jpeg

6D2C8DA4-4436-44E3-950D-BDD325AA41E9.jpeg
Thank you, yes this is what I saw in the showroom. I can also see you have a green car symbol which seems to be the version that works.
iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

EB67CD48-4371-4DE3-9832-414DB26B6011.jpeg

BB8E7F67-74D4-4C4D-90AB-BB096669F1F9.jpeg

Having the same problems - no night mode and cursor right at the bottom of the screen pointing down. Took car into my Dealer this morning who had not previously encountered this problem. Checked their demonstrator and showroom Enyaqs, both worked fine on night mode. The difference between non functioning and functioning modes appears to be the Display unit/control panel software - version 108 works perfectly whereas version 109 (on my car) is the problematic version. Confirmed green cursor OK, blue cursor problem!

My Dealer has sent a video to Skoda seeking a resolution as it appears in my case to be a later software version that is the issue! See photos above.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

But mines version 109 and works fine with night mode.

Vehicle built in Nov 21.

20220107_134804.jpg

Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Mine is 109 too. Built 3/11/2021, collected 29/11/2021.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Got car back from dealer today, having taken it in with this problem. We maybe didn't explain / show it particularly well, as they returned the car saying the screen dimmed slightly in the dark, so this was working fine, and that you can centre the car on the sat nav, so that was fine. On further explanation that this was sat nav night mode, not dimming of the screen, and demonstrating problem of the car and current junction being off the screen in 3D mode, they wondered if it was something on a chip/hardware, not software, which could explain the lack of software fix.
Good idea to compare with showroom model to demonstrate the issue better - thanks.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

I did tell my Dealer would post on this Forum and report back - thanks for the feedback
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
Persolus

Post by Persolus »

Hi All, could all of you who have had, or still have, the issue with the navigation screen centering off-screen and/or the day/night mode not working, please reply with your Enyaq model and how long you have had the problem. If you can also tell me what your dealer is saying and doing to help, that would be most useful.

I cannot understand the lack of joined up technical support between the dealers and Skoda in getting to the bottom of this. My car has been with the dealer for one week, they tell me that they still have no idea what is wrong, and are following a 'try this, try that', one step at a time process dictated by Skoda. They have swapped the head unit with a 'known good one', but that did not fix it. I suspect that they should have swapped the head unit AND ensured that the software was at the same level as the donor vehicle...but hey, what do I know.

Reading this group and the online forums I can see that this issue has been known for a long time. A global organisation like the VW group should be able to deliver a solution in a quick and efficient manner. At leat they should own the issue and be transparent about its existence, and what/when the fix might be.

The enjoyment, the excitement, and the pride of owning and driving a beautiful car (which it is) is waning radidly, and diminishing into buyer's regret...not because of the car, but because of the poor dealer and manufacturer support.

Please get back to me, I would appreciate it
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

There's a member of the closed Facebook group "Skoda Enyaq iV EV UK" with the no night mode / vehicle positioned off bottom of screen / weird blue circle fault, whose dealership has had received advice from Skoda HQ. They had some form of software update and it now works. Unfortunately, there's no more information on what that software update is. But there is hope...
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

I gave up on using normal sat nav as my vehicle/cursor points downwards either left or right and partially chopped off is there any over air updates I could try first

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post