E.ON Next Drive tariff

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I live in a modern well insulated all electric 4 bed detached house in the French countryside with a heat pump.
Yesterday (0c at 0700) we used 18kw at a cost of 2.36 Euros.

The regulated tarrif is one that allows the supplier to charge very high prices during 22 cold days excluding weekends (all used up until 1 November) Normal prices for 43 days and the other 300 days at a discounted price. You can switch supplier at any time without penality. It has seperate night rates with make it ideal for electric car owners as we get 8 hours at 8.62 centimes at night.

Ideal for a summer tarrif.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

I would swap to a heat pump if I could we are in an end terrace town house built in 2006. It's some what well insulated but not to today's standards.

We have 4kW solar on the roof that comes into its own around now lowers our Electricity usage and also heat the hot water tanks with any excess so in turn lowers our gas usage outside the cold months.

I'm going to ditch our Gas hob in favour of an induction when I get the chance to run in a supply for it.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Dad

Post by Dad »

My assumption was that this E.ON tariff would not affect the standard tariff.. we are now paying the new 28p capped rate. I was hopeful that being an existing E.ON customer would avail us the EV rate. I’ll talk to them tomorrow and revert.

What has been obvious is that whilst the cost of electric has been rocketing, so has the cost of diesel and petrol so it’s still much cheaper to run the EV.

Tbh.. at 7.48p.. its gas that’s killing us. I’ve been analysing our usage this week. At 20m3 per day it’s costing £500 a month! However May to October should be a fraction of that. Our gas has gone from just under 4p to 7.48p… bloody hell!
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
RichR

Post by RichR »

Sometimes I think that as we don't have gas in this area (Many people don't realise that once you get outside of towns, mains gas supplies aren't always present) we're actually better off. We run our heating on wood (and coal in winter), which hasn't been affected by the price rises of oil and gas. But it's messy and coal isn't great for the environment, so we'll be looking into ground source heat pump this year or next year (we have half and acre of land, so might as well use it). In our past house we had oil heating, which was 17p a litre. Now it's well over £1 a litre, and propane and LPG for heating are similarly expensive compared to mains gas.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

RichR wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:59 am Sometimes I think that as we don't have gas in this area (Many people don't realise that once you get outside of towns, mains gas supplies aren't always present) we're actually better off. We run our heating on wood (and coal in winter), which hasn't been affected by the price rises of oil and gas. But it's messy and coal isn't great for the environment, so we'll be looking into ground source heat pump this year or next year (we have half and acre of land, so might as well use it). In our past house we had oil heating, which was 17p a litre. Now it's well over £1 a litre, and propane and LPG for heating are similarly expensive compared to mains gas.
Have a few customers who are on Oil they said it's went from maybe 600/800 for a tank to upwards of 1200 mental !!

Our old Tarrif was I think 17.6p kW and 2.4p for electricity and gas we are now 28.62p kW and 7.16.

We are 3 days into the month and already spent £12 it's scary. Hopefully get the heating switch off soon and see some savings with the solar.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post