Contactless mobile charger not working

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
HaddonM

Post by HaddonM »

Hi all,

I've had my Enyaq for five days and it's amazing. We have found that the contactless mobile charger doesn't work well- it stops after a fee minutes, I have reported it to the dealership who have experienced it with their Enyaq pool car- so 2 out of 2 that they have seen have this issue.

Will let you know if anything happens but if someone know of the issue and how it is solved, that would be great.

RichR

Post by RichR »

For reference could you say which phone models you've tested it with? Perhaps it's related to the type of phone, or maybe the size (and hence alignment of the charging coils).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Kjack1805

Post by Kjack1805 »

I have the same. I have a big problem hone but I am sure the charger worked in the showroom model
greenmach

Post by greenmach »

I have the same issue. It works fine with my wifes iphone 11 but my iphone 12 charges for a few seconds then stops!
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Works fine with my Android phone (using wireless adaptor). Phone is larger than Skoda spec but seems to fit exactly. I placed the phone with camera at top, thinking the the car coil is probably at the base.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Inksanity

Post by Inksanity »

greenmach wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:06 am I have the same issue. It works fine with my wifes iphone 11 but my iphone 12 charges for a few seconds then stops!

I have this exact problem. Wife's iPhone 11 max works great, but my 12 pro charges for maybe 10 seconds before giving an error. I think it's something to do with the magnets that we now have on the back of the iPhone 12. Since i had a wireless charger at work that worked fine with my iPhone XS, but didn't work at all with my 12..
greenmach

Post by greenmach »

Yeah after some research it seems the MagSafe on the iPhone 12’s is the issue and not the car charger.
It seems apple only want us to use official apple chargers so they’ve made comparability very difficult with MagSafe!
I’ve ended up buying a 20cm lightning- usbC cable and using that instead now
RichR

Post by RichR »

Oddly my iPhone 12 charges fine on the cheap wireless chargers I've got around the house and in my Outlander. I suspect it's partially an alignment issue as I think the 12's coil is smaller than on earlier models (as a result of the magsafe magnet ring).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

We had issues with our test drive car in that both our iPhone XS would stop charging and get a prompt on the screen. I think it is alignment and possibly other factors. I have a case which has magnets in the back (Mous) and the wife’s folio case has magnets for the closure, so I think it may be related to that. But most likely you have go get the coils aligned spot on. Between the two I think will be our issue. I did manage to get the car to charge both eventually after a couple of goes so did work.
tcs28

Post by tcs28 »

We have the same issue with our IPhones 12 Pro and 11, both charge for a few moments then we get a message on the screen and the wireless symbol turns red. Does anyone have a solution to fix this other than to use a cable? Many thanks.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post