iV60 - another Race Blue!

Post pictures of your Skoda Enyaq here
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

RichR wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:19 pm I’m not sure - I’ll have a look at the workshop manual to see if there are any clues. Rears definitely not, as you don’t get the switches for a start.
Please do as its one of the options I miss from my Sportline Karoq haha !
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂

RichR

Post by RichR »

Sadly no real clues - the seat heating elements are glued to the upholstery, and there's a control unit that sits under the base. It's possible the elements are present but not the control unit I guess on cars without heated seats, but equally possible that the elements are missing too. But in terms of fitting it all, it does look like the control unit plugs into power and the data bus, so probably just a case of taking the seats out and stripping them to fit things. Then obviously telling the main control unit that heated seats are present so the icons appear on the screen and it can send the relevant instructions to control them.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

RichR wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:30 am Sadly no real clues - the seat heating elements are glued to the upholstery, and there's a control unit that sits under the base. It's possible the elements are present but not the control unit I guess on cars without heated seats, but equally possible that the elements are missing too. But in terms of fitting it all, it does look like the control unit plugs into power and the data bus, so probably just a case of taking the seats out and stripping them to fit things. Then obviously telling the main control unit that heated seats are present so the icons appear on the screen and it can send the relevant instructions to control them.
Any diagrams of the location of said CU and associated plugs ?

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
white67

Post by white67 »

An update!

Car collected and driven North successfully. No major issues to report after one month and 1100 miles.
Retrofit Heated seats are operated by an additional switch on the seat itself - not on screen. Works ok but definitely don't think it's as good as factory.

Some things that have happened - screen update failed once, radio mysteriously silenced and the now infamous "electric motor error (or similar) - don't drive" - all resolved.
Slightly more annoying, and reported elsewhere, the bonnet is badly adjusted, this is in hand, thanks to the forum.

As for the 21" wheels, I'm more than pleased with them, they set the car off nicely and I reckon 19's would have looked silly. I've insured them, just in case.

So, the Enyaq is now officially adopted in the family. Happy days.

IMG_8895_LI.jpg

Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Race Blue Metallic, 21" Betria Alloys, Tow Bar Prep, Comfort Seat Basic - with Heated Seats added, Convenience Pack Plus,
Drive Pack Basic, Light & View Pack Basic, Parking Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus
NDT-inspector

Post by NDT-inspector »

Is heated seats in the front or back?
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

white67 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:07 am An update!

Car collected and driven North successfully. No major issues to report after one month and 1100 miles.
Retrofit Heated seats are operated by an additional switch on the seat itself - not on screen. Works ok but definitely don't think it's as good as factory.

Some things that have happened - screen update failed once, radio mysteriously silenced and the now infamous "electric motor error (or similar) - don't drive" - all resolved.
Slightly more annoying, and reported elsewhere, the bonnet is badly adjusted, this is in hand, thanks to the forum.

As for the 21" wheels, I'm more than pleased with them, they set the car off nicely and I reckon 19's would have looked silly. I've insured them, just in case.

So, the Enyaq is now officially adopted in the family. Happy days.

IMG_8895_LI.jpg
Can you elaborate on the work carried out for the retro fit bum warmers ?

white67

Post by white67 »

Hi,

Sorry for the extremely late response - I've been away and out of the loop.
(And the miles are piling on with no issues.)

The heated seats were fitted via Skoda Southend, I don't know the actual name of the fitting company.
Email Lee Hockett at Southend for info.

Cheers
Andrew
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Race Blue Metallic, 21" Betria Alloys, Tow Bar Prep, Comfort Seat Basic - with Heated Seats added, Convenience Pack Plus,
Drive Pack Basic, Light & View Pack Basic, Parking Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus
Islay2009

Post by Islay2009 »

It would be a good idea to have "AlloyGators" fitted to the rims to prevent damage if kerbed. You can get a huge selection of colours that will complement the car colour. I have a white Honda CR-V 4 years old, that I had white "gators" fitted to. Really makes the car stand out and individual. Am waiting for my Enyaq iV80 to hit the production line and will definitely have rim protectors added. You can order on-line for these and if you are competent, can put them on yourself. Otherwise there are mobile mechanics that will fit for a small fee. Good luck.
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

Islay2009 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:02 am It would be a good idea to have "AlloyGators" fitted to the rims to prevent damage if kerbed.
A word of caution. According to their website, AlloyGators are not recommended for vehicles over 2500kg and this would include all the iV80 variants of the Enyaq.
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
Islay2009

Post by Islay2009 »

Oh, thank you for that advice. Sound advice.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post