Faulty electronic handbrake

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
MonsieurSeahorse

Post by MonsieurSeahorse »

I had my electronic handbrake flash up it was faulty today, first time. Wonder if anyone else has had this issue.

The handbrake wouldn't engage, and after putting in D and then R, and D again, I could get the handbrake to function. Quick video of what it looked like: https://youtube.com/shorts/csRXgg6JoaQ

Out of interest, my local dealership can't get me in for 3 weeks to assess this.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Metallic, 20" Vega's, Climate Plus, Parking Pack, convenience plus.

Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

This video is private
NickyP

Post by NickyP »

Call skoda roadside assistance telling them the handbrake won't engage, see if they can arrange a repair sooner.
MY22 Enyaq 60 nav suite, Race blue, 21" Betria wheels, 100kW charging, Comfort seat pack basic, Climate pack basic, Chrome pack, Driving sport package basic, Assisted drive pack basic, Parking pack basic, Panoramic roof.
Bobak

Post by Bobak »

What was the outcome of this fault?
I’ve got similar, the aa said the car was safe to drive but the car thinks the handbrake is on when it’s not!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1980&p=20698#p20698
Race Blue Sportline iV80 | Auto Tow-bar | PodPoint
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

I had exactly the same issue with mine
I ended up needing a new mechanism on the passenger side of the car, no issues at all since it was replaced
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.
Bobak

Post by Bobak »

DazF05 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:54 pm I had exactly the same issue with mine
I ended up needing a new mechanism on the passenger side of the car, no issues at all since it was replaced
Where did you get this done? And when?
Reason for asking….I’ve had a new handbrake module fitted and then the garage needed to perform a system reset (apparently) but the programme provided by Skoda technical didn’t work. Car has been in for 2.5weeks now.
Race Blue Sportline iV80 | Auto Tow-bar | PodPoint
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

Hi

I had it changed in Skoda Bury St Edmunds

With no mention of software at all

Dazf05
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post