Part(s) No. for UK Loft dashboard ambient lights

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
zice

Post by zice »

Just wondering, could anyone pls. figure out what parts are needed to retrofit the dashboard ambient lighting for non-UK Loft trims?

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ Just to clarify (before someone asks) - although the UK&I Loft spec currently has LED ambient lighting across the dashboard, many continental European Loft spec Enyaq’s don’t; they only have it in the doors.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

There doesn't seem to be any part numbers for the actual LED ambient light strips for the dashboard. They are only supplied at the moment as part of the complete dash air vent trims, and there are over 12 variations of each side depending on vehicle age and trim levels.
Its also doubtful if the wiring and connectors will be already incorporated into the existing loom of the vehicle to retrofit them.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Personally, I find the dashboard LED strip a bit distracting and turn it off anyway.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
zice

Post by zice »

tiger tony wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:08 am There doesn't seem to be any part numbers for the actual LED ambient light strips for the dashboard. They are only supplied at the moment as part of the complete dash air vent trims, and there are over 12 variations of each side depending on vehicle age and trim levels.
Its also doubtful if the wiring and connectors will be already incorporated into the existing loom of the vehicle to retrofit them.
well yes, i am interested in the Loft trim, since all other trims in EU have the lights.
so, Loft trim left/right vent do you see any part # for Enyaq 02/22 onwards?
does the parts software indicate also dependencies (parts that need to be checked/ordered besides that)? thx
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

I currently cant access the official VAG parts list, but here's a few pictures from another excellent parts catalogue.
LH drive shown.
I'm unsure which is the actual one with the LEDs.
First pi shows LEDs with no part numbers but refers to dashboard drg.
2nd Pic shows dashboard drg with part numbers for LH air vent.
3rd Pic shows dashboard drg with part numbers for RH air vent.

Sent you a PM

Ambient lights.png

Dashboard1.png

dashboard2.png

zice

Post by zice »

thx! can we assume correctly that there are NO different part# for the trims, with or without the ambient light strips?
i can only see one part with several types of trim (carbon, anodized, etc..) but not with/without slot for light strips.

there seems to be 1 part + 1 controller for each side, totally 4 parts needed.
(diagram seems from a Superb though, not Enyaq)
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Yes you're right it does show what looks like a Superb dash in that first picture - guess they didn't have a current Enyaq one available to publish, just used a generic one !

With regards to the part numbers of the trim with/without ambient lighting, if you look at the Model codes at the right hand side of the listing you'll see the vehicle build codes.

From the VAG build option code list ( http://vag-codes.info/vag-option-codes ) you'll see the code QQ0 = no lights, but QQ8 and QQ9 are with ambient lighting.

My Enyaq is a UK Loft trim with multi-coloured ambient lights. From my actual vehicle build code which I received from my supplying dealer (or you can download it from erWin), it shows I have the QQ9 option which is the ambient lighting type 2 (multi-coloured).

So looking at the diagram I would assume it would be items 5LB 819 201P and 5LB 819 202AB plus the appropriate trim colour option that you need for your LHD 2022 vehicle.

Hope that helps ?
zice

Post by zice »

great info thx! i wonder if the UK parts would simply fit on EU cars?
i will check with the dealership over the next days and see what parts they come up with.

of course, if the whole fun turns up to be more expensive than choosing the Lodge trim (wool-ish one which has full ambient lights), then it wouldn't make sense anymore.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Also as I mentioned before, its worth checking that the ambient lighting wiring loom and connectors are already available in the vehicle too. From previous experience with VAG its very unlikely. :(

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post