Reverse with trailer activates emergency brake

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Kennethpalm

Post by Kennethpalm »

Hi all

Just tried to attach a trailer to my Enyaq 80iv. When I tried to reverse the emergency brake would kick in after just a few meters which feels like reversing into a big boulder. What should I do to avoid this? There wasn’t any setting on the parking assist where I could choose trailer or anything, so I have no idea how to avoid it or why the Enyaq is doing this in the first place as I would imagine the sensors picking up that a trailer was attached

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I think you may need to disable Auto Hold…. It might help.
I too sometimes have the brakes slam on, when Auto-Hold is activated.

I made a shortcut under ‘favourites’ to access it easily (sometimes it’s useful- other times it’s a hindrance! )

4F118AC0-2C5C-42BC-BB92-974E74452CD2.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

When you turned on the car did you get any warnibng message indicating rear and side assist disabled? If not something is not right. I don't get any problems with sudden drealing when trailer attached and reversing.
It is a factory fitted hitch?
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

The rear parking sensors (and also things like the radars for blind spot warnings on the mirrors) should disable automatically when trailer electrics are plugged in.

Does sound like it could be auto-hold thinking the car is rolling away because it's moving faster than it thinks it should be for the power it's supplying to the wheels.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post