Navigation night mode?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

C2atb wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:21 pm I gave up on using normal sat nav as my vehicle/cursor points downwards either left or right and partially chopped off is there any over air updates I could try first
Yep, this is the same problem I (we) experience. If we're getting a call into the dealer to update to ME3 (or whatever it's called) then maybe ask them to contact Skoda HQ about the night mode update and make sure that's covered at the same time.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995

Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

The latest advice to my Dealer from Skoda was that they were using too large a USB stick 64 GB and they should try a 32 GB to reload software to get Night mode working. Don’t understand IT and have no interest, but something to do with compression rates on different size USBs. My car spent 5 days with the Dealer trying to sort this problem out, without success. I could tell my Dealer is not convinced that this latest fix from Skoda will work so I will am not inclined to let them have my car again. So will wait for new software.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

DazAutomatic wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:52 am There's a member of the closed Facebook group "Skoda Enyaq iV EV UK" with the no night mode / vehicle positioned off bottom of screen / weird blue circle fault, whose dealership has had received advice from Skoda HQ. They had some form of software update and it now works. Unfortunately, there's no more information on what that software update is. But there is hope...
I sent the post to my local dealer stating that someone had been given an update that solved the problem and this was the reply:-

“I [Dealership] asked about software 795 as shown on Facebook and the reply from Skoda technical is:
The current release of software 0795 is not suitable for this vehicle. Currently the factory advice is to reinstall SW of the ICAS3 , SW 792 , SD creator 5FICAS3SW0792 then re-check operation.

They [Skoda Technical] are still maintaining that we [Dealership] should perform 0792 reinstallation”

They have already done this and had the car all day to do it, now they want the car yet again to try a second time.
iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging
DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

Hi all,
As promised I have an update…
Car went into the dealership today for them to try a procedure as requested by Skoda Technical.

They did a reinstall of the navigation software, there was no update to the software as all the software versions stayed the same, but it’s fixed the issue of car position off the bottom of the screen and the night mode not working. The car position indicator and route line has changed from the original blue colour to green, which seems to be the version that works.

They did some sort of SD card reinstall, that’s as much as I know, but it might be worth asking your local dealership if it can be done if you have the same problem.

Hope this helps people.
iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

Good grief. I’ve just check the posts and you’ve been living with the problem for about 7 months!
I think that your patience deserves some sort of recognition from Skoda.
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

My car went into the Dealer this morning and has been returned with a functioning night mode and a centred green cursor, so for the first time since taking delivery have actually been able to use the installed navigation system.

My car previously spent 5 days with the Dealer and then even a complete software delete and reinstall failed to solve the problem. This time only the Nav software has been reinstalled as all my total and trip mileage data is still there - before it had all gone. My Dealer repeated what he had said earlier, the size of the USB stick is critical to a successful update (if I recollect correctly it has to a 32 and not a 64GB).

It does now appear that Skoda has finally found a solution to this annoying issue. Up to now have had to use Google Maps through Apple Play, sometimes spoken instructions would work, sometimes not.

Probably worth getting your Dealer to update your navigation software if your night mode does not work and you have a blue cursor that stays at the bottom of the screen.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Really helpful details here. Just plucking up the courage to try again with the dealer...
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Manu

Post by Manu »

Hi guys,

Just registered for this Forum to let you what we have found out in the German Enyaq forum.

This problem seems to affect about 5-10% of the Enyaqs. It is not bound to any software Version (there already cars with 3.0 showing the problem).

Cars that have that problem
- have it since delivery
- show Navi route and fav icons in blue (correct would bei green)
- Show the nav pointer outside the screen
- do not switch between day/night mode

The navigation seems the think it is built into an VW ID.3/4 which has a different Screen size and maybe also different light sensors.

I did a requests to Skoda some weeks ago summarizing like I did here.
Now there seems to be a process the car dealer will be provided on request to Skoda concerning this issue.
The bugfixing process ist the following:
- the Dealer gets a code for a Software Download followed by the Software being flashed new to the device ... Not Just updating
- with a second code provided the Dealer sets some parameter from VW to Skoda
- Things are fine after that ...

Hope that helps and clears things up a bit...

Greetings from Germany
Manu
Enyaq IV80, Delivery 2021-05-21, Race blue, called T.A.R.D.I.S.
From Germany

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post