Mobile phone wireless charging

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Wotters

Post by Wotters »

My iPhone 13 pro won’t charge in the wireless charger due to the width of the phone, with case, and it’s due to the rubber pad having the raised divider and raised lip on the edge. Does anyone know if the rubber pad can be removed/replaced. I am assuming the wireless part is under the floor. Of the phone pocket and not part of the rubber pad

Any help would be appreciated
Enyaq iV60. Ordered July 10th, 2021
Moon White, 20” Vega Wheels. Eco suite. Chrome package
Comfort seat basic. Climate basic, Light & view basic, Drive Sport basic,
Covenience +, Assisted drive +, Parking +, Infotainment +, Sunroof

RichR

Post by RichR »

I guess there's nothing to stop you putting another charging pad on top of the built in one (plugged into the USB C socket above it), so it sits higher to allow for your wider case. I know that iPhone 12 Max without a case fits and charges fine, but obviously Skoda can't plan for every case on the market.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

Pictures from previous post

I’m not sure how you add the link to the previous post

AF49B82C-2F6B-4B3E-8DE1-9D9B9CCC9D62.jpeg

40D44AE5-7948-4D09-9775-AF44C4F9D993.jpeg

Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.
Wotters

Post by Wotters »

Thank you
Enyaq iV60. Ordered July 10th, 2021
Moon White, 20” Vega Wheels. Eco suite. Chrome package
Comfort seat basic. Climate basic, Light & view basic, Drive Sport basic,
Covenience +, Assisted drive +, Parking +, Infotainment +, Sunroof
Brianlescargot

Post by Brianlescargot »

It won’t charge an iPhone 12 or 13 full stop! Skoda know that this is an issue and are blaming Apple for the hardware within their phones. If you do get it to charge after numerous attempts the phone will get red hot. I gave up and just use a wired usb connection instead.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

I’m glad did not invest in the expensive wireless charging pack as from memory wireless charging for my iPhone12 was the only feature in this pack I wanted. Seems ridiculous that Skoda cannot design something to work with one of the Worlds most popular phones. Tried a Tesla out recently and the “standard” wireless charging worked perfectly. Is this a Skoda specific issue or across VAG EVs?
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

My phone also gets hot in the wireless charger (much hotter than the wireless charger I have in the house)

So I only ever use it very occasionally I use a wire 90% of the time, and I also have a genuine apple phone case

Thankfully I only got the pack for the black out rear windows so I don’t feel like I paid anything additional for the wireless charger (in my head anyway)
Last edited by DazF05 on Thu May 12, 2022 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.
RichR

Post by RichR »

My iPhone 12 Pro charges just fine. Only if I go round a corner a bit sharpish so it moves does it stop. As above, I put it in with the screen uppermost and the charge port away from me. I’ve got a relatively normal case on it.

So it’s not helpful to say it doesn’t charge 12 and 13 at all.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Just to add my iPhone 12 Pro Max charges without issue as well. It is in a genuine Apple mag case though
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post