Sat Nav problems

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Persolus

Post by Persolus »

Would Dorsetandy or DazzUK be prepared to share the details of their dealer. I need to get this fixed and need a dealer who knows what they are doing.

I would be most grateful for the information

Thank you

Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

My dealer is Hendy Poole - below are screenshots of the before and after software update. Only the Nav software has been updated, as far as I see everything else remains the same.

B2AFFAD3-3266-4B7F-BF05-DDC403D22783.jpeg

5D89BB40-9D58-4ECB-A87C-B47528BB805F.jpeg

Your local Dealer ought to be able to rectify.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
Persolus

Post by Persolus »

Thanks for the rapid and positive response. I am in Poole/Wareham quite a lot so will give Hendy a call to see if they can 'do me' likewise.

Cheers
RichR

Post by RichR »

“Navigation database” version is the map version, this gets downloaded over the air automatically every couple of weeks. Mine’s on 22.3 at the moment.

In case people didn’t know, you can submit corrections to the map data via the Skoda Connect website. I’ve moved a couple of businesses to the right location and corrected a couple of speed limits near where I live - which means Travel Assist no longer tries to do 40 through a new housing estate which has a not quite correct font 30mph sign.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

Persolus wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:08 pm Would Dorsetandy or DazzUK be prepared to share the details of their dealer. I need to get this fixed and need a dealer who knows what they are doing.

I would be most grateful for the information

Thank you
My dealer is Faintree Skoda in Telford, Shropshire and the contact is Howard. They have been really good.
None of my software versions changed, apparently it’s the way it’s reinstalled that makes a difference.
iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging
DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

RichR wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:11 am “Navigation database” version is the map version, this gets downloaded over the air automatically every couple of weeks. Mine’s on 22.3 at the moment.

In case people didn’t know, you can submit corrections to the map data via the Skoda Connect website. I’ve moved a couple of businesses to the right location and corrected a couple of speed limits near where I live - which means Travel Assist no longer tries to do 40 through a new housing estate which has a not quite correct font 30mph sign.
How do you report them? I have a few where where the speed drops from 60 to 30 very quickly and it should stay at 60.

Thanks
iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging
RichR

Post by RichR »

Go to this Skoda webpage: https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com (you might need to create a login if you don't already have one). Then click on 'Map Creator'. This will take you to the Here Maps website (where you'll need to create another login if you want to make changes).

Once there, you can browse the map data that's used by Skoda (and probably other manufacturers that use Here Maps, such as VW, Audi, Mitsubishi, Volvo, Ford, Jaguar and so on) and make changes. When you submit your changes, they get reviewed and if they're considered correct they'll get incorporated into the map data that the cars download every so often. Changes do have to be verified so it's possible that anything you update might not make it into the map data straight away, or at all if they judge it to be incorrect. But things like speed limits and location of POIs that I've updated have taken effect after a month or so. I guess if you submit things that are incorrect they'll just reject the change.

I think when the map data was created, in areas where the speed limit is unclear it defaults to set values - so if it looks built up, then it'll pick 30mph, if it's got two lanes, 70mph, otherwise 60mph. Then it relies on data from other sources to correct the road segment speeds - for example a village that's 40mph right the way through. So often you find yourself dropped to 30mph even though the actual limit is higher - it's just that the map doesn't have a limit for that segment, so it defaults to 'town'. It's good that they do allow drivers to submit corrections, as it means the map should become more accurate over time.

The Enyaq's speed limit detection system seems to fall back to the map data if it doesn't manage to read a road sign - so if the map data doesn't match the signs there can be different results if the sign is obscured or not readable for whatever reason.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ Good to know. Thanks RichR. We have an annoying one near us, where I’ve actually been ‘beeped’ (by a tw#t right behind me) where the Enyaq suddenly slows from 40 to 30, on a straight, for absolutely no reason other than roadworks that were there years ago, I guess !

I’ll have to try and register it. Clay Lane in Guildford near the hand car-wash, in case anyone else is familiar with it.

The other nightmare I regularly experience is the A3, heading North near London. It’s a 50mph limit on that stretch, but the system keeps reading the 30mph signs for the residential roads which run parallel with the A3, and keeps trying to reduce the speed to 30 :-(. I just turn off adaptive cruise control altogether for that ~ 3 mile stretch, or set the speed limit manually to 50.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
GavinT

Post by GavinT »

Since January 2022 I have submitted hundreds of edits to the map data via the Map Creator on https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com. Many of these appear to have been accepted and 'integrated' into the map data, but still not filtered down to the map in the car (version 22.3). The example we often notice is driving past my sons' previous school, the sat nav still shows the name of a girls-only school that closed 5 years ago.

I vaguely remember hearing something about several Enyaq systems being developed separately from other Skoda systems, so maybe my map edits are getting through to other Skoda drivers, but not to Enyaq drivers.

Screenshot 2022-05-13 114030.png

Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Brilliant Silver (Packages: Family Plus, Climate Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat, Assisted Drive, Parking, Transport, Tow Bar). Delivered Dec 2021.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Certainly the ones I’ve done seem to be present in my Enyaq now. Though a couple of the speed limit ones took a month before I noticed they were now correct.

I guess it might depend on a lot of factors as to when they make it to the OTA download.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post