Horn location

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
WD40

Post by WD40 »

I’ve had a couple of occasions these past few weeks where I’ve needed to use the horn and I genuinely think it is so feebly quiet that the other party just didn’t hear it!

Has anyone managed to locate where it is as I’m quite keen on changing it for something a bit louder or a dual tone horn. I’ve lifted the bonnet but can’t see anything without removing bits and bobs.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I know what you mean. It’s rather pathetic, compared to loud two-tone horns I’ve been used to.

Mind you - it makes me appear to be a more ‘tolerant’ driver than I actually am, as I’m too embarrassed to use it!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

It’s visible behind the front bumper lower grille. And yes, it is a bit weedy - but it does comply with all the regulations.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

RichR wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:43 am It’s visible behind the front bumper lower grille. And yes, it is a bit weedy - but it does comply with all the regulations.
Meh regulations are meant to be broken, bring in the train horn equipped Enyaq haha. :twisted:
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
WD40

Post by WD40 »

Thanks all! Air compressor and truck horn should be an optional extra!
RichR

Post by RichR »

I had the opposite problem in my Renault 5 GT Turbos - they have a super loud air horn as standard, so when you sound it people look round for a large vehicle rather than a tiny hot hatch :D Conveniently though, the horn outlet often gets clogged with dirt (it's right in front of one of the front wheels), which makes it quieter.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post