KESSY - boot opening?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

I believe I have my central locking set to open only the drivers door using the Keyfob. See photo.

However any door including the boot seems to be unlocked if the key is near the car. Are the settings incorrect or is the car faulty?

E9C57389-3D87-47C9-9649-02FBC3DBBE7A.jpeg

Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger

RichR

Post by RichR »

The boot will only unlock if the key is within about 1 metre of the boot itself and boot handle (or kick sensor if you have it) is activated.

I think the 'single door' setting only relates to the button on the keyfob. If you have keyless and pull a door handle then it'll still unlock the doors.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Ok thanks for the clarification
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

Bit unrelated to the original question, but as this fits the topic, I'll share.

Had some trouble with kessy+the boot kick sensor. Tried all kinds of settings and could not figure how the automatic boot worked. One time I tried looking under the bumper to verify I had the sensors and the door almost hit me in the head. So yes, sensors are there and infotainment settings were ok from the start. After a while of testing, I figured that one has to be a sufficient distance away from the boot when kicking to make it open. Kick has to be around the middle area, but can be a sideways kick or a straight one. Guess this is to prevent door hitting you, as almost happened to me earlier.
orrery

Post by orrery »

On mine, the kick needs making either side of the centre - in the same place as the reversing sensors on the bumper.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
RichR

Post by RichR »

The sensor is actually a strip containing pair of antennas about 40cm long right in the middle of the bumper. It's looking for anything that reflects or absorbs the weak radio signal, ie a foot (though I suspect a cat would work just as well :D) so the level received by the other antenna changes.

I tend to put my foot in that area and then raise it to almost touch the bumper, then down and back out. It won't open until it detects the removal of your foot too (I guess so you don't get hit). The thing that I think caught me out (and probably a few people) is that it won't flash the indicators and start to open until about 2 seconds after it's detected a foot appear and disappear. So you keep trying and it won't open. But in fact if you just do one kick and step back, then 9 times out of 10 it'll open fine.

Also you can do a kick to close the boot too :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

Must admit, I find it much easier to use the keyfob or boot handle itself - I rarely get the ‘kick’ right first time!
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.
GavinT

Post by GavinT »

Same here. That 2 second lag is enough to make you think it didn't recognise the 'kick'. Perhaps an immediate beep before the 2 second lag would be helpful indicator/warning signal.

I've probably opened the boot more times accidentally than intentionally with the 'kick' action. Sometimes the charging cable, which runs under the rear of the car, has unintentionally triggered the boot opening.
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Brilliant Silver (Packages: Family Plus, Climate Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat, Assisted Drive, Parking, Transport, Tow Bar). Delivered Dec 2021.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

The kick /daft dance is absolutely rubbish on the enyaq compared to my kodiaq. It was that bad I went to the dealer and he also struggled to make it work . It’s very random and the delay is far too long . Seems you have to almost wipe your foot on the valance to make it work

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post