Sat Nav problems

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Persolus

Post by Persolus »

DazzUK wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:45 am
Persolus wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:08 pm Would Dorsetandy or DazzUK be prepared to share the details of their dealer. I need to get this fixed and need a dealer who knows what they are doing.

I would be most grateful for the information

Thank you
My dealer is Faintree Skoda in Telford, Shropshire and the contact is Howard. They have been really good.
None of my software versions changed, apparently it’s the way it’s reinstalled that makes a difference.
Thank you DazzUK. I have spoken to Hendy Skoda Bournemouth who fixed Dorsetandy's Enyaq. They knew exactly the issue I was talking about, they were confident that they can fix it, and as they are not far away, I am booked in for Thursday 19th. I will report back after that, hopefully with good news. Meanwhile, my dealer who have known about this issue since December and have looked blank when asked about a solution, have still not got back to me since January having had the car for a week and getting nowhere.

Thank goodness for people like you and Dorsetandy who take the time to share your experiences witrh others. Much appreciated.

Persolus

Post by Persolus »

Dorsetandy wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:20 pm My dealer is Hendy Poole - below are screenshots of the before and after software update. Only the Nav software has been updated, as far as I see everything else remains the same.

B2AFFAD3-3266-4B7F-BF05-DDC403D22783.jpeg

5D89BB40-9D58-4ECB-A87C-B47528BB805F.jpeg

Your local Dealer ought to be able to rectify.
Thank you for the contact. I have spoken to Hendy Skoda Poole, and have my car booked in for Thursday 19th. They were aware of the issue and seemed confident that they could replicate the fix on my car.

I appreciate your help, and will report back next week.
Alyaq

Post by Alyaq »

After a total of 7 days back at the dealers it has finally been fixed after I showed the Dealership manager all your comments on the satnav problems. They uploaded an updated 32gig file from Skoda which took several hours to upload to the car but now works as it should including fixing night mode. Many thanks to all.
Woodyt

Post by Woodyt »

Perhaps off subject but my biggest gripe with the SatNav is the inability to search by Postcode.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I've never had an issue searching for postcodes: Navigation->Destinations->Search->type the postcode. Select the road name you need, and then press start.

80F8EA9A-2BF2-4B42-B8CE-60F99E2CCEDE.jpeg

Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Woodyt

Post by Woodyt »

Thanks for the reply. I’m Overseas at present but on my return I will try this. It didn’t work when I first got the car back in Sept but I haven’t tried putting in postcodes since.
Persolus

Post by Persolus »

Persolus wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:20 pm
Dorsetandy wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:20 pm My dealer is Hendy Poole - below are screenshots of the before and after software update. Only the Nav software has been updated, as far as I see everything else remains the same.

B2AFFAD3-3266-4B7F-BF05-DDC403D22783.jpeg

5D89BB40-9D58-4ECB-A87C-B47528BB805F.jpeg

Your local Dealer ought to be able to rectify.
Thank you for the contact. I have spoken to Hendy Skoda Poole, and have my car booked in for Thursday 19th. They were aware of the issue and seemed confident that they could replicate the fix on my car.

I appreciate your help, and will report back next week.
Sorry for the delay in following up as promised, but happy to report that Hendy Skoda Poole did fix my long standing navigation issue. Big thanks to them for their prompt, efficient and friendly service, and to andydorset for sharing his positive experience.
anotherjohn

Post by anotherjohn »

Not so much a problem; more an opinion. The voice announcements are clear, but I feel could be improved by -
automatically reducing the radio/music volume during announcements
saying road numbers differently - "A ten twenty three" rather then "A two thousand and twenty three"
not saying "please" before directions
Race blue 60, 100KW, partition net screen, climate basic, convenience, transport, drive basic, assisted drive, parking basic. Collected 23May22
budfox88

Post by budfox88 »

my Enyaq ( Jan 2022) is in with local Skoda dealer since yesterday morning

1) they don't know what the solution is
2) they have reloaded the software to no avail
3) they have contacted Skoda technical for more information
4) their internal system "pitstop" has no solutions logged

A) night mode Sat Nav display does not work
B) direction of travel arrow inverted

Hardware H20
Software 0795
Display unit hardware H7
Display unit software 109
Navigation database 22.7
Sportline 80x | Racing Blue |
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

How frustrating had the same issue for 5 months. Skoda dealers should now know the fix for this problem. Recommend you read the thread “Navigation night mode” where have tried to provide the best explanation as to how my dealer finally resolved this problem. Otherwise you could suggest your Dealer contacts Hendy, Poole who have fixed the problem on any least 2 Enyaqs - other dealers also fixed the problem and may be located more conveniently. Good luck.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post