Delayed Charging Timer

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Jimmy6616 - A question what GSM signal (how many bars?) does your Enyaq display at the top of the Home screen and have you setup your Enyaq to use your Home WiFi?

I ask as Smart Schedules are part of Remote IV Services. Also did you add your vehicle to the MySkoda app (Necessary to activate Skoda remote services).
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.

Jimmy6616

Post by Jimmy6616 »

I have 4 bars of signal for the Enyaq sim, and have added the my Skoda app okay. The app states the charging is controlled by Skoda schedules but the schedule did not work ? I’ve not connected the Enyaq to my home wifi as it states the security is not WPA2
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Jimmy6616 - It is looking like this is a Bug in the software. I am in France and don't speak French very well. Can you contact customer care (details in MySkoda settings, 'reach out') and post what they say please.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Hi Jimmy6616, sorry you couldn't get the delayed charging working - join the club. I've tried twice: it seems to start at the set time and then suddenly stop or dribble in a couple of kW maximum rather than the 7kW that you should be getting from your wallbox.
Even if somehow we/Skoda get the system working (perhaps it's a bug, as Perchède suggests), then I will probably now never use it on the basis that the concept is flawed:
* overnight charging for a planned journey the next morning is a critically important operation and has to use a method that is totally reliable.
* a charging system that relies on the GSM network AND a selected location verified by satellite geolocation reduces considerable the reliability - even worse if there's no GSM signal and it has to use my flakey WiFi
The only reliable way to assure overnight charging is to have a local system in the car that uses the on-board clock to switch the charging on & off. For some reason, Skoda have refused us this simple, reliable option.
greenmach

Post by greenmach »

I've been trying all the same things Perchede has tried and same results, it never seems to work. I think it's definitely a software bug. I will report it to Skoda, but in the meantime I've used the PodPoint app to set up a schedule directly from my podpoint charging point at home. This now works perfectly and only turns on between 2-6am when I have a cheaper electricity tariff.
It's frustrating but probably to be expected given we're basically some of the first people globally to have used the car for everyday use on more of a mass scale, I'm sure there will be updates in time.
I have to say, this is the only issue I've had with an otherwise outstanding vehicle.
Thanks Perchede & Nick123 for testing and posting on here it's greatly appreciated!
greenmach

Post by greenmach »

If anyone who reads this and also has a similar issue could email Skoda using this form https://www.skoda.co.uk/discover/contact-us-form it would be great, as the more of us that report an issue, the more likely they will be to issue a fix sooner! :)
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Hi Greenmach, like Perchède, I'm in France so won't be contacting Skoda.co.uk. I've already got a major issue as I ordered an Enyaq 80 with 125kW charge rate on DC but received one limited to 50kW. I need to get that sorted out with my dealer/Skoda before going on to this problem. In the meantime, I've posted the problem on one of the French EV forums to see who else has the issue over here.
Jimmy6616

Post by Jimmy6616 »

Thanks guys I will complain as per the link. Very frustrating
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Just for the record: I am on Software 0792, Display panel software 106 Nav DB 21.5 with no updates shown.

If scheduled charging works for anyone please post here.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Hi Perchède, I've been through this already on the French forum, everybody has the same systems information, it seems.

IMG_0240.jpeg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post