Lost heat pump cooling and heating

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Mellowdogs_life

Post by Mellowdogs_life »

Enyaq iV60 2021 71 plate, air con and heating not working. Fans blow okay on cooling (but air is ambient temp), on Hi there is no fan or heat!

Off to the dealers next week. Curious if anyone else has had this issue??

zice

Post by zice »

have them check the CO2 quantity, they may need to refill.
heard cases of measured 120g instead of regular 400.
richlawr

Post by richlawr »

I had the issue once which appeared to be down to the big screen being a bit buggy because the next time I switched on it worked fine . It was like the fan simply wasn't responding to the changes on the screen so some kind of connectivity issue .
Mellowdogs_life

zice wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:04 am have them check the CO2 quantity, they may need to refill.
heard cases of measured 120g instead of regular 400.
That's interesting... I wonder if it held a vacuum okay? It's booked into the dealer 22nd June... almost as bad as getting a Dr's appointment these days 😩
Mellowdogs_life

richlawr wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:36 pm I had the issue once which appeared to be down to the big screen being a bit buggy because the next time I switched on it worked fine . It was like the fan simply wasn't responding to the changes on the screen so some kind of connectivity issue .
My screen has been a bit laggy too... even the sunroof was glitchy last night. Wouldn't surprise me if it's software... I have asked them to apply the v3.0 software update (or whatever they call it - the one that early cars should be getting 2nd half of Q2 that hopefully increases range a bit through better thermal management of the battery etc). Not holding my breath though... 🙄

Overall, I'm very happy with my choice though. It's a brilliant family car and my fuel bill has gone from 300 quid a month to 30!!

I'm just a touch warm at the moment. Retro window based climate control isn't a welcome throwback!!!
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

Mellowdogs_life wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:41 pm That's interesting... I wonder if it held a vacuum okay? It's booked into the dealer 22nd June... almost as bad as getting a Dr's appointment these days 😩
Yup, 3days queue to my office. Very similar to what I had to wait for AC service :D
Mellowdogs_life

Update - no CO2 in the system (so mechanical), but the dealer doesn't have the right equipment to trace the offending part as its high pressure CO2 not standard refrigerant.

Great :roll:
Mellowdogs_life

Update: Skoda UK called today. They will work with the local retailer to resolve. They've had this problem before, so (as I have read on another thread) they will authorise a repair at any national VAG dealer. However, last time, the only one they could find was an Audi dealer (which was miles away from the South coast). They agreed to transport the car to another dealer, recharge the CO2 and find the leek. BUT the car will then have to have the gas evacuated again, go back to the local Skoda retailer for repair, then go back onto a transporter to Audi to be re-gassed again!

What a palava...

At least they are being helpful and responsive I suppose. Poor person who paved the way for this solution had to wait months for Skoda to approve. This time should be quicker, apparently, as it's been done before.

If it isn't sorted quickly, I will continue to press home the point that a warranty where the repair work cannot be undertaken is not a warranty at all, and it is down to Skoda and the retailer to sort out between them - I'm not interested in why the retailer doesn't have the kit (albeit I have some sympathy for why they don't want to pay lots of money for something they may rarely use) - if they want to be a Skoda authorised repairer and get paid to do a plethora of warranty work, they have to be able to actually do ALL the work, not just the easy bits they have the equipment for. It's that simple...
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

Hope a leek isn't the problem.
*Ba-dum-tss*
Deasea

Post by Deasea »

Mellowdogs_life - Having been through this process (search 'Climatronic') I can sympathise with what you are going through. Skoda UK are fully aware of what happened with my car and what and how the repair was completed. I hope this will help in streamlining their response to your situation.

You mention that the Audi dealer found was miles away 'from' the south coast. Is this correct as the VAG member used in my case was 'on' the south coast.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post