Transport Option

The place to discuss everything else..
davidhunter

Post by davidhunter »

ah great good to know many thanks
Ordered 30th Nov 21. Iv60 sports susp, graphite grey, towbar, sunroof, comfort seat pack, convenience pack +, chrome, driver sport, assisted drive and parking packs build week 33 of 22 hopefully.

snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

With the variable height boot floor, how does it work in the lower position? If the objective is to pack as much in as possible (camping trip for example), can you reclaim as much space as a car without the variable height floor?

Thanks!
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
RichR

Post by RichR »

With the transport package the floor is level with the boot opening due to the foam storage compartments below. You’re only lifting the edge that meets the rear seats to get rid of the step when they’re folded. So overall you have slightly less boot space because the floor is higher. But maybe a more useful space without a step up to the boot entrance.

I suspect you can remove the floor and the foam bits underneath but I haven’t tried yet. For me, the flat loading bit means my dogs can get in and out more easily.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 »

The vaeiable boot floor comes with an extra storage space underneath the boot floor, but it's only good for bits and bobs and the parcel shelf.
It also comes with a flat load lip, but the variable part is where it meets the seats. You can either have it flat with the polystyrene extra storage tray, or tilt the back so it's flat with the rear seats.
If you do a lot of camping. Maybe go without the variable floor as you have the most usable space if its not fitted.
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

Thanks Roo and Rich - that's really useful. The photos on this thread are really helpful too, I'll compare them to the no-transport option when I go for a test drive.
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
Veeva

Post by Veeva »

Does someone owns an Enyaq without the transport option? If so, would you be able to confirm that the back seats can still be folded ?
Thank you!
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes, the back seats still fold as you'd expect in any hatchback/estate car. The only thing the Transport Pack adds is a plastic bit on either side so the rear edge of the boot floor panel can be slotted in so there's no step to the back of the back seats, and the boot floor sits higher so it's level with the boot entry. Oh and a couple of levers in the boot to drop the seat backs without having to go round to the rear doors to get at the levers on the seats themselves.

Without the Transport Pack, there's a drop of about 10cm from the boot entry lip to the floor, and a corresponding step up of about 15cm to the backs of the rear seats when they're folded. Just means if you want to slide in something long like planks of wood, you'll have to lift them up onto the rear of the seats rather than being able to slide then right from the bumper all the way back.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Veeva

Post by Veeva »

Brilliant, thank you RichR for explaining!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post