Delayed charging light

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Portseahan

Post by Portseahan »

Evening - I'm not sure if this is a stupid question
We got an IV60 about three weeks ago on a bit of a whim as it was a cancelled order, we've got a wallbox pulsar plus and use Octopus cheap night rates. No problems until yesterday charging overnight using the delayed charging via the infotainment system.

So here's my stupid question - I plugged the car in this evening when I got home from work - and happily saw the flashing green light indicating delayed charging - the wallbox was a lovely turquoise which means it's waiting for charge request from the car.
I've just walked past the car when taking the dog out and noticed that that there is now no light on at all on the chargeport, though the wallbox is still turquoise.
as I don't normally go back out and check I don't know if this is normal or not that the flashing light is just on for a short period of time.

I've searched and found no information about this - anyone able to shed some light on why i've not got a light and whether my car will charge up tonight?
Please keep answers simple - no tech speak
thanks
Hannah

Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

Few threads about the issues surrounding delayed charging timer. Do a forum Search ‘Delayed Charging Timer’ and you’ll come across a few threads. Not sure if it’s solved yet? I personally use the delayed charging from my Wallbox charger app which works flawlessly. Perhaps try that if your wallbox has an app with that feature?
Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

I use the Podpoint app to use the off peak Octopus tariff. As you say the Enyaq flashes when first plugged in. However I’ve noticed the light goes out after a while and the car still chargers overnight without issue
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
Portseahan

Post by Portseahan »

Thanks for that, there's a lot of posts there!! Many I don't understand.
Just strange it was all working perfectly till last night when it didn't charge at all and the night before when it just trickle charged.

I'll contact the dealer if I don't have any success tonight!
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

I use a granny charger with a smart relay and just the normal app . As long as the lead is live and on when I first plug in it’s fine to switch on and of through smart app however if it’s off when plugging in even when turned on later it will not work . Obviously you have a more advanced charger but possibly same reason
Portseahan

Post by Portseahan »

Just to update, as you predicted I only gained 11% during my 4hr cheap window,
As I said until a couple of days ago we had no issue with this at all and it was charging up to 80% as requested. I have tried to work through that long post but can't get my head around what's going to be a fix for this.

The car doesn't seem to like me setting up the delayed start from the wallbox pulsar pro, when we've set that up before the charging light goes red and it doesn't work at all. So using that as a scheduled charge is not an option.

All ideas welcome how to work round this. I have emailed dealer as well for their advice

Thank you
NickyP

Post by NickyP »

I schedule charge through the night for the octopus cheap rates via the pod point app. When we plug in say after returning home the charge light is red, after a few minutes it goes out. Car then charges as scheduled with the pulsating green light.

As an aside, occasionally I have set to charge during the day and I find the green light in day time hours quite dull compared to other ev's, not a massive problem but when looking from the house to check it's charging its sometimes difficult to see.
MY22 Enyaq 60 nav suite, Race blue, 21" Betria wheels, 100kW charging, Comfort seat pack basic, Climate pack basic, Chrome pack, Driving sport package basic, Assisted drive pack basic, Parking pack basic, Panoramic roof.
orrery

Post by orrery »

Use the app?

Yes, I know it isn't reliable, yet.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
Daffo1950

Post by Daffo1950 »

Read my posts in June under the section "What if my smart meter doesn,t connect" as I had the same problem or similar
Bother7

Post by Bother7 »

Portseahan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:16 pm Thanks for that, there's a lot of posts there!! Many I don't understand.
Just strange it was all working perfectly till last night when it didn't charge at all and the night before when it just trickle charged.

I'll contact the dealer if I don't have any success tonight!
I use the scheduled charge function to coincide with my Octopus Go overnight low tariff window.

The light does initially flash green, but soon stops and no light shows at all. I think that's normal.

I've also had mixed results with the scheduled charge. It either
a) works fine
b) charges at a reduced power (1-3kW)
c) doesn't charge at all

I've given up trying to diagnose the issue as I can't find a common thread when it fails to charge properly. It seems pretty random.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post