Cleaning - Proteus alloys!

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Wheels off to clean???!?? You guys take cleaning seriously!!! I’m hoping for quick solutions. The snow foam and lance have arrived still waiting on the other recommended products. Car still looking good from the weekend though so no rush to get the jet wash out
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger

metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

It's not wheels off to clean, it's wheels off to protect so you don't have to clean (makes cleaning a breeze - no need for the brushes usually). Also gives them a bit of gloss. Wheel wax is another option but will need to be applied regularly.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
Helijock

Post by Helijock »

I had my wheels ceramic coated along with the car. The clean up with th3 minimum effort.
Ordered June 21. Race Blue, Suit, 19" Proteus wheels, 100kw charging, Heat Pump, Comfort seat plus, Climate package plus, Transport pack, Drive Sport basic, Assisted Drive basic, Parking basic. Then I ran out of money!
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

C9B1C782-D9E9-4FB7-87EF-F34BAD7A914E.jpeg

Okay finally the weather up North allowed me to clean the car again today! I’ve bought the recommended fallout remover but I thought I’d test my new snow foam and lance in isolation in the first instance.

I’m impressed how quickly it cleaned the car without needing to do much work at all with a mitt. The wheel cleaning was much improved and I didn’t use any other product on them. I would say I will need fall out remover next time but overall very impressive clean just with snow foam.

I even cleaned my campervan at the same time and that was miraculous in terms of effort with it being such a big vehicle. Thanks for again for all the recommendations.
Velvet red, pano roof,
Podpoint home charger
awi8

Post by awi8 »

Happy to help!
Enyaq iV 80 Loft I Race Blue I 135kW charging I heat pump I assisted drive basic I drive sport basic I convenience basic I climate basic I parking basic I Ordered 21/12/20 I Build week 46 2022 I Collection date 17th Jan 2023
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

@ metalmadhammer used the fallout remover you recommended above - amazing stuff thank you - much appreciated. The wheels cleaned up with ease
Last edited by IanEV on Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Velvet red, pano roof,
Podpoint home charger
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Great Job Ian, well done.

Fallout Remover really is a genuine miracle product for any painted surface.

I know a few who use fallout remover as the prewash instead of snow foam and find it more effective.

Good luck with either selling your house or getting good new neighbours 8-)
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

The dog likes the smell …
Velvet red, pano roof,
Podpoint home charger
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

IanEV wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:47 am @ HarryHuk the weight might help, let’s hope so. I’d be interested to hear how your trip to French ski resorts goes in terms of range in the cold. I fancy driving there in the winter myself at some stage.
(Just saw this searching on alloys/wheels)

Ended up not going to the mountains, as didn't have time. That and Christmas was relatively mild.
I got Continental WinterContacts. Range in the cold was down maybe 15-20%
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
foot tapper

Post by foot tapper »

Hi Ian,
Our car came with 20" Vega wheels in silver. They're not great either. We now have the 19" Regulus tyres fitted with winter wheels too.
The car rides much better on the 19" wheels and the Regulus wheels are much easier to clean.

To make the process even easier, I have coated the Regulus wheels with "GTECHNIQ C5 ALLOY WHEEL ARMOUR" The Enyaq's large wheels need the 30ml size.
The stuff isn't cheap but it really does last. It's what the professional detailers use.
You have to spend that 2+ hours thoroughly cleaning the wheels first but once it's on, you're done for at least a year. The brake dust just lifts off with warm water & detergent after that.

Hope this helps,
Best regards, FT

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post