Possible reason for iv60 prioritization?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Ouvavou

Post by Ouvavou »

I’ve just read this in the Guardian about EVs in the uk hitting 500k

“ Schmidt added that the manufacturers have been forced to prioritise the UK for battery car deliveries in order to meet CO2 emissions targets. Carmakers face steep fines if they fail to reduce quickly enough the average emissions of the cars they sell”

3 iv80s use 36 battery modules and you can get 4 iv60s from that same number of modules. Just a thought
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus alloys,
Packs: assisted drive+, climate+, Drive, Light & view, parking, convenience+, Transport, Family, Rear side airbags, towbar, 100KW. Zappi & Solar.
Ordered 20/10/21 - Delivered 19/07/22

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/ \ I’m not 100% sure as I’ve not been following the ‘how long have you waited’ thread for a while, but I ‘think’ 60’s were generally delayed, in favour of 80’s.

If there is indeed now a prioritisation for 60’s, then perhaps Skoda are trying to catch up on the potentially larger backlog of 60’s which they’d previously delayed.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Apocryph

Post by Apocryph »

I'm told by Skoda the VRS models take priority over both.
Not ruled out that being a blatant lie just to sell me the most expensive model though.
Ordered: Enyaq Coupe iV vRS (Hyper Green). ETA July '22. Then September '22. Now who knows?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post