EV charger availability on route from Calais to Berlin?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Hi,

Does anyone have any recent experience with the charging network across Europe, from Calais across to Berlin (and using the A2 for most of the German part?)

It’s a trip I’ve made over 50 times in diesel cars, so I know the route well enough, but never in an EV ! I almost feel the same ‘trepidation’ as I did, the first time I made that journey over 25 years ago, armed with a wad of turn-by-turn printed directions :-)

Thanks.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

gap998

Post by gap998 »

Check out Chargemap App - It's a bit like ZapMap for Europe. Octopus Energy Electric Juice app also has coverage of chargers you can use with their RFID/App
Enyaq iV60 Loft 100kW Charging, Arc. Silver, Regulus 19", Heat Pump, Ass'd Drive Pack, Parking+, Drive Sport, Conv.+, Transport Pack

Order 2-11-21 - Built 22-08-22 - Collected 28-09-22 - Drive Fault 4-10-22 - Back to Dealer 18-10-22 - Fixed 17-11-22
Kevin101

Post by Kevin101 »

Can you use the recently opened up Tesla charge points for non Tesla cars across Europe if you are UK based. Or if you entered a UK address when setting up the app does that only allow you use the select few Uk Tesla charge points for non Tesla cars ?
Thanks
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

gap998 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:48 am Check out Chargemap App - It's a bit like ZapMap for Europe. Octopus Energy Electric Juice app also has coverage of chargers you can use with their RFID/App

I forgot to say thanks. Indeed, Chargemap seems to be the best one for identifying the 7 stops (!!!) it says I’ll need. Shocking prices at those stops though (€0.80 per kWh roughly 😫😫) but still just about the same as diesel costs I guess if we can average 3 miles / kWh.

Will report back on the experience at the end of August 👍
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
gap998

Post by gap998 »

Goaty wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:28 am
gap998 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:48 am Check out Chargemap App - It's a bit like ZapMap for Europe. Octopus Energy Electric Juice app also has coverage of chargers you can use with their RFID/App

I forgot to say thanks. Indeed, Chargemap seems to be the best one for identifying the 7 stops (!!!) it says I’ll need. Shocking prices at those stops though (€0.80 per kWh roughly 😫😫) but still just about the same as diesel costs I guess if we can average 3 miles / kWh.

Will report back on the experience at the end of August 👍
Some of them may be included in the Skoda Powerpass so you should get a discounted rate.

I'm driving down to Spain this weekend; I had planned to do it in my new Enyaq, but alas, it'll be in the Outlander - No discount for me (although there is a small discount on some for Octopus Juice), so I won't be annoying Nissan Leaf drivers this trip! :D
Enyaq iV60 Loft 100kW Charging, Arc. Silver, Regulus 19", Heat Pump, Ass'd Drive Pack, Parking+, Drive Sport, Conv.+, Transport Pack

Order 2-11-21 - Built 22-08-22 - Collected 28-09-22 - Drive Fault 4-10-22 - Back to Dealer 18-10-22 - Fixed 17-11-22
foot tapper

Post by foot tapper »

Earlier this summer, we drove down from Calais via Reims & Dijon to the Corbieres in the south west of France.

The Skoda Powerpass gives you a circa 70% discount at the Ionity chargers in the main autoroute service areas.
The Chargemap app is definitely worth getting. We found the Chargemap app to work at the Total chargers as well.
The Shell Ionity chargers can be a bit tricky. Shell has a nasty habit in France of allocating one Ionity charger as available for the Skoda Powerpass app. The other 4-6 Ionity chargers do not recognise the Powerpass card, so we used our Shell charge card instead. You have to check the precise serial number of the charger to get the right one.

It all worked out very well though on our 2,500 mile round trip.

Good luck with your trip! We will be going to Bavaria in early December via the Tunnel and Reims, so any feedback from you most welcome.
Best regards, FT

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post