The ironic button

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RallimG

Post by RallimG »

Or even labelled ‘Standby’ with a little red light on it….. :-D
Enyaq iV Sportline, Energy Blue, 125kW Charging, Family Pack, Climate+, Conv. +, Drive+, Infotainment+ & Assisted Drive +.
Ordered Jun 2021 - delivered Jan 2023.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

RallimG wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:08 am Or even labelled ‘Standby’ with a little red light on it….. :-D

That would cause more delays when the world runs short on red LED’s 🤣
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Strangely I use it all the time, not to start the engine but to turn off - with my foot on the brake using the “ stop “ the car engages neutral and the handbrake which I personally find a quick method to exit the car. Clearly in a minority!
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
RichR

Post by RichR »

You know you can just get out of the car without putting it in neutral and park? As soon as you open the door and lift your weight off the driver's seat, it'll do that for you. I have to remember when I'm driving my wife's car to put the handbrake on, put it in neutral and switch the engine off as I'm likely to get injured if I don't :D
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Thanks RichR, I have auto hold off by default and have found the car has a tendency to roll away before I have actually got out of the drivers seat, so for example reversing into my home parking space which is quite tight the car continues to roll backwards before I have actually got out of the car. I suppose could simply engage auto hold but to me it just as easy to use the off button - as I said before I’m probably in a minority and it’s only by following this forum that I pick up ideas from users such as yourself who are much more savvy than me!
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post