Struggling to Activate car in MySkoda app

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Bferry70

Post by Bferry70 »

I shared your frustration until last Friday when mine successfully allowed me to register. It took just over a week of constant trying. I had the most up to date software on the vehicle - as noted above. It was only when I noticed full bar strength next to the world icon one morning and thought I'd give it another chance before visiting the dealer. I can only say that with full bar strength the registration was successful??
Enyaq iV 60 EcoSuite

Family Pack Plus, Climate Pack Basic, Drive Sport Pack Basic, Parking Pack Basic, 125kw DC Charging. Ordered 27th July, ETA March / April 2022

HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

All I did was
  • Reinstall the app
  • Install the update when finally available (after going to where I had 4-5 bars of LTE)
  • Leave the car long enough for the infotainment to shutdown fully (although I believe if you press and hold the infortainment on/off button it will shutdown)
  • Go back to the the car and try again.
I'm on same versions as
Skeniv wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:15 pm ID. Software 3.0.0, Software 0333, Nav Database 22.5 on mine when I resolved the connection and Primary user issues.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
cycle

Post by cycle »

Thanks for the speedy replies. So it looks like I’m already on the version which has helped resolve this for others. I may have to look up where my nearest Vodafone mast is and drive to be underneath it, rather than with 4 bars ;-)

So frustrating. I work in software engineering, so I’m just longing for the car to give me some useful error code I can look up rather than the generic failure message we see…

I’ll post back here should I get it working. In the meantime, still very open to other suggestions people may have. Thanks!
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

cycle wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:37 pm So frustrating. I work in software engineering, so I’m just longing for the car to give me some useful error code I can look up rather than the generic failure message we see…

Same! It should either just work, or make a suggestion (like try wi-fi, or get better signal strength)
Unfortunately it could also be that they put everyone on a queue for updates, so that not everyone is piling onto the servers at the same time, and you can only wait patiently for your turn.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
cycle

Post by cycle »

Drove to the nearest Vodafone mast yesterday evening (found using cellmapper.net) but, despite having 5 bars signal this didn’t help. I’m just posting this here in case it’s useful to anyone else with the issue since it doesn’t seem to be only related to signal strength.

Will update if I get any further with this. Thanks everyone!
RichR

Post by RichR »

I know I've said this before, but one of the tasks dealers are meant to do before they let you drive away with the car is set up the app on your phone (if you have a smartphone of course). Some seem to be skipping this step (as well as removing the plastic screen protector on the instrument panel :D ).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
BigRich

Post by BigRich »

I had the same issue, dealer couldn't connect on handover day. The car is on software 3.0 but still needed to be updated. Did this at home through the notifications screen and the next day it was up and running.
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

I'm in the same situation as cycle after a week driving my new Enyaq. I scan the QR, it thinks about it, then tells me that 'something' has gone wrong. I have a full signal. I shall keep trying!
cycle

Post by cycle »

Finally got a reply from Skoda with these instructions:
I would recommend deleting and re-installing the app.

Please carry out a factory reset to see if this makes a difference.

Please follow these steps:

1) open the Infotainment menu in your vehicle

2) continue to the "Settings"

3) then click on "factory settings"

Then wait 5 to 10 minutes after the factory reset is done.

Check if there is available update in notification centrum.

If yes, then confirm update.

If not, then start the new registration.

I thought I had completed all these instructions previously but I went through them again. The one that confused me was ‘Check if there is available update in notification centrum’. After a few minutes I got a 1 in a circle just to the right of the clock at the top of the Infotainment screen. Swiping down from the clock reveals a menu with a tab labelled Notifications and, sure enough, there was an update there that I guess I had previously missed. I installed that update and then was able to Activate the car first time.

Notes for others:
1. I only had 4 bars of signal when doing this, so you don’t need to be right next to a Vodafone mast
2. I only had 1 key in the car, not two (which some have suggested might be necessary)
3. Settings > System Information > Software shows 0333 (with version 3.0 of the software) which is identical to before the minor update - so it doesn’t look like the version number increments with this update so you can’t tell if you’ve installed it from the System information screen..

I hope this helps others. Glad to finally have it activated!
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

Pulled fuse in the end. Nothing else worked, however many times I reset, uninstalled and waited.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post