Intermittent battery cooling fan noise whilst charging (a bit annoying at night)

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Hello,

Just something I’ve noticed over the last few weeks - but probably only because we’ve been leaving more windows open at night due to the heat.

Whilst charging overnight, the Enyaq’s battery cooling fans keep turning on and off. They are quite quiet to be honest but what’s a little annoying, is that they turn on for about 30 seconds, then turn off for a minute before repeating this cycle throughout the duration of the charge!

It’s this irregular starting and stopping which keeps me awake (unfortunately there isn’t anything I can do about the location of the charger / car or my windows!!).

Far better (in my opinion) would be if they turned on and stayed on, perhaps at a lower speed to reduce mechanical wear, but I think a constant lower airflow can be just as effective as short bursts of higher airflows - whilst being a little less noise-intrusive, as a constant drone would just blend in with normal background sounds.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post