Pod point order experience

Post pictures of your Skoda Enyaq here
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Wolfhound wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:46 pm
BioHzrd wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:06 pm
Wolfhound wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:28 pm Podpoint was installed, all good on the day, apart from issue connecting to wi-fi. Installers said system needed 24 hours to settle down which I knew was bs. Trying to get a response from Podpoint via email takes weeks, phones don’t get answered. They don’t seem to be able to grasp the fact that the Wi-Fi has never connected and keep sending instructions to reconnect. If I stand right beside the charger, my phone will connect to the charger Wi-Fi. When I then try to connect to my router, it cannot see any Wi-Fi networks. Sounds like the Wi-Fi receiver is on the blink - anybody else encountered this issue/got any advice?
What service provider are you with ? DM me and I will help you get it sorted if you like.
Thanks BioHzrd, the day after I posted my issue, I finally received a reply from Podpoint. They ran remote diagnostics and there is a technical issue with the charger; technician coming on 24/4. Not a big issue because guess what? I’m still waiting on my Enyaq
Podpoint sorted, the Wi-Fi antenna had fallen over (tech speak for faulty)
iV 60 Suite in arctic silver. Parking pack and Family pack

kujak

Post by kujak »

I found the pod point very useless. I have send installers pictures and videos where it need to go which was solid wooden fence. All accepted and installation booked. When they arrived I was told that they cannot install it on non-pernament structure ( wooden fence). The only option was a pod point metal post for £1500 extra. Very disappointed as mounting chargers on wooden fence is ok according to British standard but unfortunately is not ok according to Pod Point T&C's
Ordered 16/10/21
SKODA ENYAQ IV ESTATE 132kW 60 Loft 62kWh 5dr Auto [100kW]
Ass drive pack
heat pump
Clim pack plus
Comfort seat pack plus
Conv pack plus
Drive sport pack
Family pack
Light and view pack
Parking pack plus
Sports suspension
Trans pack
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

kujak wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:11 pm I found the pod point very useless. I have send installers pictures and videos where it need to go which was solid wooden fence. All accepted and installation booked. When they arrived I was told that they cannot install it on non-pernament structure ( wooden fence). The only option was a pod point metal post for £1500 extra. Very disappointed as mounting chargers on wooden fence is ok according to British standard but unfortunately is not ok according to Pod Point T&C's
A mount for the pod can be constructed by yourself if you so wish or an alternative mount can be got from eBay that would accept a Solo3.

Fences arnt classed as permanent structure in BS7671 and no electrical equipment should be installed on one including running cables.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
kujak

Post by kujak »

BioHzrd wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:29 pm
kujak wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:11 pm I found the pod point very useless. I have send installers pictures and videos where it need to go which was solid wooden fence. All accepted and installation booked. When they arrived I was told that they cannot install it on non-pernament structure ( wooden fence). The only option was a pod point metal post for £1500 extra. Very disappointed as mounting chargers on wooden fence is ok according to British standard but unfortunately is not ok according to Pod Point T&C's
A mount for the pod can be constructed by yourself if you so wish or an alternative mount can be got from eBay that would accept a Solo3.

Fences arnt classed as permanent structure in BS7671 and no electrical equipment should be installed on one including running cables.
My comment still stand. I have send pod point pictures of wooden fence as a installation point and they have confirmed it's ok. Different story when the installation guys came and told me they can't install it there. For me this is poor service.
Ordered 16/10/21
SKODA ENYAQ IV ESTATE 132kW 60 Loft 62kWh 5dr Auto [100kW]
Ass drive pack
heat pump
Clim pack plus
Comfort seat pack plus
Conv pack plus
Drive sport pack
Family pack
Light and view pack
Parking pack plus
Sports suspension
Trans pack
NickyP

Post by NickyP »

I agree, pod point in this instance are under performing, but for me the installers are doing the right thing, i don't think any electrican worth his salt would fix a supply to a fence.

Hope you get a solution soon...
MY22 Enyaq 60 nav suite, Race blue, 21" Betria wheels, 100kW charging, Comfort seat pack basic, Climate pack basic, Chrome pack, Driving sport package basic, Assisted drive pack basic, Parking pack basic, Panoramic roof.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

kujak wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:49 pm
BioHzrd wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:29 pm

My comment still stand. I have send pod point pictures of wooden fence as a installation point and they have confirmed it's ok. Different story when the installation guys came and told me they can't install it there. For me this is poor service.
That's down to poor training if the sales team and potentially the installer as we get jobs in advance and access to the images and can raise questions or issues prior to the visit. The images you supplied may not have depicted as a fence it may have been assumed it was a Shed/Outbuilding unless stated otherwise by yourself.

As above no electrician with any knowledge will fix any electrical equipment to a fence as it is not classed as a permanent structure.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post