Lane assist

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

This setting really should be optional on startup. I don't like haptic shizzle either. All I was saying, is that indicating prevents it from happening, so if you have time and want to pass a cyclist without the car interfering, you can.

Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Winter in Finland (snowy, slippery road) tricks the system quite badly, and feels dangerous most of the time. In the summer it is mostly ok, not that much issues, potholes sometimes. But even in the summer, i mostly closer to the divider line, as road is less noisy there (so car sometimes warns about not driving in the middle of the lane). Would opt for disabling as well (more simply than now).
TheCorm

Post by TheCorm »

tomm636 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:17 am
TheCorm wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:11 pm Really worried to find that when I turn this off it comes back on at startup.

I have tried to live with this feature. But it steers for me when I am not in contact with the white line and I find it really annoying. It's also tried to "correct" me leaving at junctions and passing cyclists by doing things like trying to nudge the vehicle I to said cyclist.

Should it be that you are forced to have this on? Setting it to off before every journey is not a workable option.....

I really hope there is or will be a way around this.....
I agree, I like it on for motorway/dual carriage way driving but found it too intrusive when on country roads trying to avoid the many obstacles, parked cars and cyclists.

I have turned it off using an OBD Eleven, there is a setting for using the last setting you selected. It was my main annoyance with this car and has been much nicer with it set like this.
How complex is this? I have some experience with using a Bluetooth ODB and using the cable with Vauxcom in the past but nothing recently......
iv60 in Race Blue, Loft interior with 20" Vega wheels - Ordered Sep21, Delivered 25/07/22
Packs - Comfort seat plus, Family, Climate plus, Drive Sport, Assisted drive, Parking, Convenience, Heat Pump.
tomm636

Post by tomm636 »

TheCorm wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:23 pm
TheCorm wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:11 pm Really worried to find that when I turn this off it comes back on at startup.

I have tried to live with this feature. But it steers for me when I am not in contact with the white line and I find it really annoying. It's also tried to "correct" me leaving at junctions and passing cyclists by doing things like trying to nudge the vehicle I to said cyclist.

Should it be that you are forced to have this on? Setting it to off before every journey is not a workable option.....

I really hope there is or will be a way around this.....
I agree, I like it on for motorway/dual carriage way driving but found it too intrusive when on country roads trying to avoid the many obstacles, parked cars and cyclists.

I have turned it off using an OBD Eleven, there is a setting for using the last setting you selected. It was my main annoyance with this car and has been much nicer with it set like this.
How complex is this? I have some experience with using a Bluetooth ODB and using the cable with Vauxcom in the past but nothing recently......
Sorry for the slow reply, not been on here in a while. with OBD Eleven, this is a one touch app, so was very easy to set. I could find the long coding if you need it?
Enyaq iV 80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 125 kW DC charging, 20" Vega wheels, Assisted drive pack, Heat pump, Climate pack, Convenience pack, Drive sport pack, Electric Towbar, Family pack plus, Infotainment pack plus, Built Sep 2021
riki1

Post by riki1 »

tomm636 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:26 pm
TheCorm wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:23 pm

Sorry for the slow reply, not been on here in a while. with OBD Eleven, this is a one touch app, so was very easy to set. I could find the long coding if you need it?
The long coding would be useful if it can be found. Thanks.
SKODA Enyaq RS Coupe, ( riki1.eu )
khikhi

Post by khikhi »

I totally agree with others - the lane assistant should be optional on start-up.
At summer time it is OK, but with snow and ice it doesn't work properly and it doesn't increase safety.
I can't remember, but think that I had this setting modified with OBD Eleven, and after workshop visit or sw update the setting is default again (always ON).
80x Sportline with almost all packs
Ordered Aug 2021 - Delivered May 2022
Enyaq85x SL

Post by Enyaq85x SL »

Had it on my VW for years and you get used to it.
But I used obdeleven to give me the setting so I can change how aggressive it is
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Its always on at startup due to the EuroNCAP rules:

Euro NCAP’s requirements for scoring points towards the total say that only the emergency lane-keeping part of the system “needs to be default on at the start of every journey” and that “deactivation of the system should not be possible with a momentary single push on a button”. That means a single extended push of a button would be acceptable, or even that momentary pushes of two buttons would be fine.

IE they very specifically want you NOT to be able to turn it off easily. Also is presumably why they dont let you add it to the shortcut bar. (Although i've heard that later software version DO let you add it there)

When i first got the car i found it very annoying. I dont know wether i've just gotten used to it, or if its better now after some software updates, but generally now it doesnt bother me.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Brussels

Post by Brussels »

It is also required under the EU's General Safety Regulation for vehicles, which still applies as it is included in UK law as it was adopted pre-Brexit.
Reserved demo car at dealership, delivery: 16/02/2023 after 7500 kms
Demo car so no choice. Sunroof, Silver, Suite, crystal face :roll: , HUD, Family Basic, No Travel Assist (only basic) :evil: heat pump :D 19´ wheels

First time EV owner, Belgium

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post