dashboard reflection in windscreen

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

I noticed a reflection from the loudspeaker on the dash into the windscreen. Worse in low winter sun. I assumed because I'm 5ft2 I am shorter than most male test drivers and so the angle of reflection hadn't been picked up pre production. Had IV60 for 7 months and 3600miles.
IV60, Arctic Silver, heat pump, tow bar, parking assist, ordered July 21 received Dec 21.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Drofdor wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:00 pm whilst driving in bright sunshine you always get some reflection on windscreen. but on two occasions recently i had Zero vision it was like someone
put a grey blanket on my windscreen , with or without sunglasses no difference my front seat passenger also could not see, very worrying on both
occasions it was down country lanes in areas where sun flashes through trees, i have had numerous cars but never had anything like this just
wondered if anyone else had this problem

Had this a couple of weeks ago exactly as you’ve described (country lane, bright sun intermittently flashing through the darkness of tree shadows, impossible to see ahead). Probably would have happened in any car at that point though. I haven’t noticed the dashboard reflection is any worse than any other car I’ve driven (I’m 6ft, and drive with the seat in the highest position; I’ve always preferred the ‘Chelsea Tractor’ perspective!)
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
andanother11

Post by andanother11 »

I just found this topic after searching as we have a crack in our windscreen from a stone on the motorway and need to get it replaced :(

I really struggle with the reflection of the dashboard but it can be 100% fixed by using polarised sunglasses.
Enyaq iV 60, Quartz Grey, 100kW charging, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Basic, Climate Basic, Parking Basic, Chrome, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, 20" Vega. Ordered 07/21, delivered 12/21.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Ive noticed the same reflection in certain conditions not the end of the world but also noticed inside screen get dirty/misted a lot and very quickly too . I bought a extendable screen cleaner tool for about £6 works a treat especially on the go plus I can also use it on the infotainment screen without it pressing buttons and cleans in a few seconds
Drofdor

Post by Drofdor »

Thank for all your replies, very helpful.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post