2 weeks into build!

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
gavinrobinson35

Post by gavinrobinson35 »

Ordered an IV 60 on 24th May, just been told today that it's into the 2nd weeks of build.

Anyone that's already got there's able to give me an idea of what that means for arrival date please?

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I think it means Build date locked, no mods, think it is going to be built.
Last edited by Perchede on Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
gavinrobinson35

Post by gavinrobinson35 »

Ok thanks for the reply, any idea when it might arrive at the dealer based on that?
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Sorry, no idea of transport time to UK.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

The time taken to get from the factory to the port (Hamburg) is variable, and then it needs to wait until there are enough cars waiting and a ship available. So it's very hard to predict. Probably a few weeks at least from when it's complete to arriving in the UK, and then possibly up to another week before it gets to your dealership due to the lack of HGV drivers in the UK at the moment.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I recall that a Vectra (2002) and an Audi A4 (2009) both had stickers on engine components which suggested those components had either been assembled or fitted just two weeks before I received these company cars in the UK. My current car (BMW) has some dates visible on a hose suggesting the hose was made (or fitted) 4 weeks before I got it in Sept 2016.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

In normal times, build to delivery would indeed be usually a couple of weeks. However, with the worldwide shortage of processor chips due to various natural disasters and other issues in the Far East, as well as the impact of Covid on production of all kinds of things, car factories are running at reduced capacity (or not building some models at all). And then there's the issue of the shortage of HGV drivers due to Covid meaning components and completed cars can't be moved about as easily either.

All we can do is wait and it'll be delivered when it's delivered.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post