Outdated maps

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Iang

Post by Iang »

The inbuilt maps are incredibly outdated. They show things like ToysRUs which closed in UK about 3 years ago. Restaurants which also closed years ago and some in completely the wrong street. I have checked and there are no updates available . I have had my car for 6 weeks so no long journeys yet but certainly would not want to trust Skoda's navigation system to get me to suitable charging points. Maybe they should learn from Tesla who, according to all reviews, seem to have nailed it.

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

What nav version in settings do you have? Mine updated this week from 21.5 to 21.7.
Most maps are based upon Aerial imaging taken years ago. My house shows as it was 5 years ago on google maps. Roads are updated from other data.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Drumingtopbanana

Post by Drumingtopbanana »

ECEADA11-FB7C-4FA1-8C97-CCF007241673.jpeg

Latest update, I think
Iang

Post by Iang »

Thanks for your help. I do have version 21.7.
What makes it worse now is that the car is now “ unable to load connection status” so no communication with Skoda and the My Skoda app failed and when deleted and reinstalled will not connect either. Came up with an instruction which does not exist !!! Tried rebooting but that did not work.
Love the car but the software is generally not up to scratch. Hopefully my dealership will be properly trained to advise.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I used to have that problem. I deleted and reinstalled. Connected the Enyaq to home WiFi, reconnected to My Skoda and reconnected the Enyaq to Skoda Connect. Since that it behaves well with the exception of showing out of date info alleged to be updated seconds ago.

Does the Enyaq have a good GSM signal?

p.s. I checked google maps, The image of my house is at least 9 years old (street view) on MSN the image is just under 8 years old.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Iang

Post by Iang »

Thanks for your help guys. I have a really good GSM signal other than with EE. I have deleted and reinstalled My Skoda a number of times and it keeps telling me to go to Menu>settings>connect to Skoda Connect>Connect. This does not exist and I definitely did not need to do it when I first installed the app.

Let's hope the dealership is fully trained.

By the way the problem is not unique to Skoda, the VW id4 gets exactly the same.

Will let you know what the dealership says.
Iang

Post by Iang »

After spending at least half an hour on the phone to the dealership and eventually finding someone who would try to talk me through the problem rather than take it in for service, I sat in the car and miraculously it has started working.

I have also managed to connect to my home wi fi.

I feel like Victor Meldrew but it is frustrating that Skoda and probably VW have not got their software training up to speed. I suspect that it will, as the dealership said, take 6 months or so before they ae where we would like them to be.

Just when I thought all was OK it has failed to connect again. In to Skoda tomorrow to see whether they have an answer.
Iang

Post by Iang »

Dealership were great. I waited while they tried to resolve the connection issue. Unfortunately they couldn't resolve it so have booked the car in for 2 days with a loan car for me.
Iang

Post by Iang »

Everything worked perfectly with the connection until yesterday then back to "no connection"
Emailed Skoda as the maps told me to do a u turn in a busy dual carriageway then turn left against the road signs followed by a u turn on a busy 6 lane main road. This happened 3 times on the same road. Crazy, illegal and down right dangerous. They say that they will forward my comment to VW Head Office.

Let's see what happens. Probably nothing. Just means I have to rely on 3 party apps which don't know or show me how the car's battery is behaving.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

What nav version are your on 21.5 or 21.7?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post