Hi Another newbie!

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
anglefire

Post by anglefire »

Hi all,

Not yet got an EV or one on order - but am seriously considering an Enyaq via our companies newly release salary sacrifice scheme.

I will be asking a few questions from the wise on here shortly!

Mark (anglefire - don't ask!)

Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

Welcome Mark

Enyaq is an excellent car and I can thoroughly recommend it. Except ...
The software drives me bonkers.
There's a phone app which has really limited and quite primitive operations. My last company car before retiring was a Volvo, new about 7 years ago. Its app, even then, was far more functional than the current Skoda.
The in-car software and display doesn't strike me as easy or obvious - lots of options, not all obviously labelled, hidden in depths of menus. I fully accept that that may just be me, but there you have it.
On the positive side, I am very pleased indeed with all the electromechanical parts of the vehicle: the ride is great, seating positions very generous (I'm ~2m and heavy with it), steering, handling and visibility are as good if not better as anything else I test drove and, once you've finally got the major software selections set how you want them, they all work well.

No doubt you'll get a thousand other views on the vehicle from others here, but keep asking. It's the only way to learn.

Walter
anglefire

Post by anglefire »

Thanks Walter - I actually pulled the trigger tonight - just has to go through HR etc. Gone for more options that I was originally planned - but decided that the extra was probably worth it. Time will tell!

Its a year away anyway - unless something pops up that meets the spec I'm after.
Gone for the 80, red, pano roof, comfort pack, heat pump and ecoSuite interior.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Did you look at direct options rather than salary sacrifice to compare? It wasn’t an option when I got mine but when the option arose I looked into it and was a lot more money even with deductions savings
anglefire

Post by anglefire »

I did look at going direct - and it was significantly more to go down that route - well the tax relief cheaper with salary sacrifice.

I also did a comparison to getting an ICE on a PCP or even a loan and although with the latter you end up with a car at the end, when I (And the missus who is an accountant) ran the numbers, it wasn't that much different - and getting a PCP you have to pay something up front, often a significant sum and after the 3years or whatever, you still have to drop a good lump of cash to actually own it.

When I sell my current car, the plan is to put the money somewhere - or spend it on something we need/want as it won't keep up with inflation anyway - and after the three years of the scheme either buy another one the same way or jump out and buy a car the old fashioned way. Hopefully in 4 years (By the time I have got it) the prices/specs of EV's have moved on a pace and are better value. I do live in utopia! :o :lol:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post