NooComer

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Richard Head

Post by Richard Head »

Greetings peeps. Taking delivery the end of next week all being well. We were offered care/protection insurance products against body and alloy damage. Assuming we’d get a better deal ourselves we declined and are now pondering whether it’s worth it or not. Any advice?
TIA
Enyak iv4 Eco-suite. Brilliant Silver.
Registered Sept 2022.
Packs: Assisted Drive; Climate; Comfort; Convenience; Family; Parking.

Lorttrol

Post by Lorttrol »

I have never taken these services. Knowing my luck once I have an alloy repaired I'll scratch it on my way home.
I did go for the 19 inch wheels this time to reduce the chances of kerbing though. 3 months and 5k miles and they are still undinged. I did over 30,000 miles in my previous car with 21inch wheels and only ever dinged one alloy and even then it was so minor it was bearly visible. If you tend to ding your alloys or hit things a lot then it might be worth considering.
Also GAP insurance is another thing I always decline, never had a problem and my current insurers are giving me free gap insurance as long as I own the car from new for the first 12 months of ownership.
Ordered 8th Jan 22 - 80, Energy Blue, Loft, Light and View +, Convenience +, Drive Pack +, Comfort seat basic, Climate Package basic, Drive Sport Basic and HUD. Delivery 41 weeks to the day!
Previous: Tarraco, 1st Edition Plus 2.0 TDI 7 speed DSG 4WD