Adding the Enyaq to Octopus Intelligent

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
DJR

Post by DJR »

Hi blueiguana,

Octopus Go works well for me. I too am trying and failing to switch to Intelligent Octopus. I think I will try the standing on one leg and tongue out approach but stick my fingers in ears and whistle Dixie - that should do it!
Enyaq 60 Lounge Brilliant Silver - heat pump - basic packages - since December 21

Bother7

Post by Bother7 »

I'm happy with Go, but the draw of Intelligent is 10p Vs 12p and 6hrs Vs 4hrs...
DJR

Post by DJR »

Agree totally - now if I could just get the thing to work!!
Enyaq 60 Lounge Brilliant Silver - heat pump - basic packages - since December 21
jimbo69

Post by jimbo69 »

Does anyone know whether there's a list of compatible chargers, or would I need to call Octopus to check? I have a BP Pulse charging point installed nearly 4 years ago which seems pretty low-tech - and appears to have frequent problems connecting to the BP back-end servers - so I suspect that may rule me out from IO.
DJR

Post by DJR »

Hi jimbo,

When you go through the setting up process, (which if my experience is anything to go by there is no fear of being connected inadvertently!) you select "add my charger" and it shows a comprehensive list of chargers. I would have a look at that first. Good luck!
Bother7

Post by Bother7 »

Does the charger actually matter as Octopus are connecting to the Enyaq? The dumber, or more dumbed down the charger, the better.
enyaqreplemished

Post by enyaqreplemished »

If you go with Intelligent Octopus, is this the tariff you are on for your whole house? Is this more expensive than their regular tariffs for gas etc or is this always the lowest you can get on a flexible tariff?
DJR

Post by DJR »

My undestanding is that Intelligent Octopus is an electric tariff only and does apply to all electricty you use. So, yes, more expensive than some during the day but cheaper overnight. I have got into the habit of putting the dishwasher etc on to start when the cheap electricty starts at 0030 with Octopus Go. With IO I think starts at 2330 but same principle.

You then choose a separate gas tariff.

At least this is how I think it should operate once you complete the successful test charge - not happened for me yet!
Rudesing

Post by Rudesing »

Bother7 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:37 pm Does the charger actually matter as Octopus are connecting to the Enyaq? The dumber, or more dumbed down the charger, the better.
I use an Ohme charging cable (bought at a reduced price through Octopus). It works great at convertiing a dumb charger into a smart one. Plus it means you can have it set up to work with more than one EV which the IO tariff does not normally do. I now consume 75% of my overall electricty usage in the off-peak period.
enyaqreplemished

Post by enyaqreplemished »

Rudesing wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:54 pm
Bother7 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:37 pm Does the charger actually matter as Octopus are connecting to the Enyaq? The dumber, or more dumbed down the charger, the better.
I use an Ohme charging cable (bought at a reduced price through Octopus). It works great at convertiing a dumb charger into a smart one. Plus it means you can have it set up to work with more than one EV which the IO tariff does not normally do. I now consume 75% of my overall electricty usage in the off-peak period.
Can you explain how that works getting you off peak for two cars? I thought you have to link a car to IO and so if you have two you need to keep adding a removing cars from a link with them. And going out during night to swap cables over to charge the other one!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post